Kodi not detecting changes in metadata file
Once Kodi has scanned a folder for it's contents, any changes done to the .nfo file post that, are not reflected in Kodi. For ex :- Transporter 2 was scanned first. Then I modified the .nfo file to include <set>Transporter</set> but kodi is still displaying the movie seperately & not inside the "Transporter" set where other movies are present. Same is happening with TV show folders as well.

Solution ?
HP Pavilion G6 Series | Samsung 40H5100
When I did it (long ago), I did it by removing the movie from the library, cleaning the library, and updating the library. However, the better explanation is at http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set#Automati..._sets_data

Not sure about TV shows, however.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Quote:Transporter 2 was scanned first. Then I modified the .nfo file to include <set>Transporter</set> but kodi is still displaying the movie seperately & not inside the "Transporter" set where other movies are present.

You got everything right, but didn't refresh the scrape locally... go into the target movie information page and refresh using the local data, that will pull in the changes and you should see your sets reflected. Ditto for the TV shows.

I don't know why you're manually modifying the sets, when the Kodi set; function works very well to add or subtract movies in sets for you.?
You can refresh using Millhouse's Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-11-18, 21:56)PatK Wrote: I don't know why you're manually modifying the sets, when the Kodi set; function works very well to add or subtract movies in sets for you.?

I suppose if you have nfo files, its better to update the nfos than to use the context menu manage features. Else it's kind of defeating the purpose.

scott s.
I have 500+ movies & I am using another software "media center master" to manage the meta data. Problem is, it gives issues sometimes with configuring sets so I have to later manually edit the entry. I want a scalable way to do this where no manual effort is required.
Is this an addon in Kodi ? Let me try...
(2015-11-19, 02:53)k4sh1n Wrote: You can refresh using Millhouse's Texture Cache Maintenance utility

Is it an addon in Kodi ? Let me try...
(2015-11-19, 12:37)PhoeniX12 Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 02:53)k4sh1n Wrote: You can refresh using Millhouse's Texture Cache Maintenance utility

Is it an addon in Kodi ? Let me try...

[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not detecting changes in metadata file0