stanley87, question about issue with ResumeX...
Question 
First of all, thank you so much for this awesome script! I recently modded a second XBOX for my car, and this script is the most important thing I have on there, besides the 1500 albums of music, of course. Big Grin Now I can't live without being able to Start back up where I left off.

Anyway, I have somehow mucked something up and thought I would ask for your input.

I originally used Startupmanager (I think that’s what it’s called) until I found ResumeX. So, I installed ResumeX and everything has worked perfectly for the last week or so. I realized that I still had startupmanager enabled, so I went into it's menu and disabled it. Since then, ResumeX fails to work correctly and is doing all sorts of weird stuff. I went ahead and completely deleted startupmanager, and still no luck with ResumeX. Here is a little of what it does...

When I enable ResumeX, I get nothing at all. When I disable it, it actually starts up the last song I was playing immediately, even if that was on a previous bootup. But, when I boot back up, it doesn't start back up. Does that make sense?

Should I just remove the ResumeX folder and re-install it, or is there something else I need to do or remove?

Any ideas?

Again, thank you so much for this script and for your time.

David
Big Grin 
Hi, your welcome.

I think it might be due to when you removed Startupmanager, it removed your Autoexec.py in your scripts folder. So then my script won't start up. Best bet is too, download resumeX and reinstall.

I hope to add a feature in the future that my script doesn’t replace the autoexec.py but edit it if it exists and add my scripts line to it. So, if you are not running any other scripts on start-up, you want to use the XBMC file explorer, if there is an autoexec.py in your XBMC/Scripts folder then delete this. Also delete the ResumeX folder. Then get the script again and run it via the GUI.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers
Stanley87
Wow, talk about service! Smile

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll do all of that and let you know the results later this evening.

Thanks again Stanley!

Have a great day, David
Hey Stanley, just wanted to let you know that I deleted and re-installed and I'm back in business. Thanks again!
Good to hear!
Hi, for everyone else, get the latest Zip of ResumeX from the link below. I have implemented a better Auto Start up method that now edits the autoexec.py (if present) for you and hence won't delete other scripts that run on startup + ResumeX is now "profiles" friendly :-D

Link:
http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn...%20546.zip

Cheers
Stanley87
I ran into a little issue today and I thought I would post it here to sort of document in case anyone else has this issue.

When I got in my car this morning and started up my XBOX, it booted up fine all the way to the XBMC screen and to the XBMC home screen for a split second, and then the screen went black and nothing was happening. No audio, no video.

I’m almost sure the XBOX was still on at this point, because when I hit the power button to turn it back on, it did nothing. The second time I hit the power button it turned on no problem. I recreated this several times, and it acted the same each time.

So, I booted up again, assuming something was going wrong with resumeX, and the second the XBOX went from the XBMC screen to try to startup resumeX, I hit stop on the remote. At that point, I was at my home screen, and everything was perfect.

I disabled resumeX, rebooted, re-enables resumeX, started some music back up, and everything has been perfect since then.

I don’t remember what I was listening to last time it was on before the reboot, but I assume it was stuck on a bad file or something, I don’t know.

Anyway, it’s all good now, and like I said, I just wanted to document in case anyone else has the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stanley87, question about issue with ResumeX...0