Delete recording when finished?
Is it possible to get a choice to delete a recording when it has finished? Like MythFrontend does?
I like that idea!
I was thinking about this, it might be a problematic feature since it usually takes some time for the check box to update that it had been watched
I'm just trying to get enough features from MythTV to Kodi so I can make the switch =) This is one of the things with MythFrontend that I would really miss. Like 99% of my recordings I don't want to save, just delete when I have watched them. And be able to do that at the end of the recording is a very nice feature.
If you take a look at this thread, you will see how to do what you are asking.
It took me a bit, but my "prompt for delete" is working just fine. If you have a little ability in python (I have just enough to do this), it isn't that tough to figure out.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=151011

I have it only deleting stuff in my "Recorded TV" directory. No prompt if in the "Movies" or other directory.
(2015-11-24, 18:46)ReplayHarry Wrote: If you take a look at this thread, you will see how to do what you are asking.
It took me a bit, but my "prompt for delete" is working just fine. If you have a little ability in python (I have just enough to do this), it isn't that tough to figure out.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=151011

I have it only deleting stuff in my "Recorded TV" directory. No prompt if in the "Movies" or other directory.

Many pages, is your "prompt for delete" anywhere in that thread? I have never done anything in python, but have some skills in other languages. With something to start with I could probably make something work.
Start looking at page 13 and what follows. First thing you need to do is install the addon.
My code is not very sophisticated as this was my 1st python program, but it works.
I'm on Windows 8.1.
If you really get stumped, I'd be happy to share my code with you. But as I said, 1st thing to do is install the "Execute user scripts on specific XBMC actions (play starts/stops...)" addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete recording when finished?0