Autistic son: Need skin with Movie covers only in list?
Hi,
I have an Autistic son who does not talk or read.
I'm converting over from Windows Media Centre and the MyMovies plugin.
The MyMovies plugin has an option to display 2 horizontal rows of filtered covers.
This is idea for my son as we tag his favorite movies and filter them to show 2 rows of about 20 movies.
He then goes to the screen and points to which one he wants.
I need to replicate something similar.
Can anyone recommend a skin that might have options to replication the row(s)/list(s) of movie covers?
Thanks,
Neeto
Most Skins have a thumbnail view that should do what you want. So it should just be a matter of making a playlist of movies and choosing that view.

Here's what thumbnail view looks like in Rapier:

Thanks - perfect
I know you posted this a while ago but I thought I'd reply since I was in the same boat, hopefully you've found something to work for you by now. I also have a son with autism and he is the reason I started looking for a media solution that didn't involve 100's of scratched or lost dvd's and also something that could be customized in a way that he could navigate. He is able to navigate through it no problem and loves picking out fanart for his favorite movies. I'm currently using Aeon Nox 5, but have also used Aeon MQ and Amber. I'm not sure of your current setup, but I've found anything that can add custom menu items with smart playlists works perfect for him. I'd be more than happy to post some screenshots of my setup and help you with any questions you have if you'd like.

You can also send me a PM if you'd like.

Scott.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Figured I'd post some screenshots in case you wanted to check it out.
My home menu with custom categories, along with smart playlists in the sub menu some of which are set to play when selected.

My movie view in "Kids" category

Another view I sometimes use, there's nothing but the movie covers which is pretty much all he cares about anyway!

Season view for TV "Kids TV"

Let me know if you have any questions!
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autistic son: Need skin with Movie covers only in list?0