Sound issues when using IPTV Simple
I have two consistent problems with sound on my Pi. I've only noticed them while using the PVR add-on IPTV Simple, but that might be because ~90% of my viewing is spent there. I'm only using IPTV Simple to play OTA streams from an HDHR4-2US network tuner. Playing files stored on my network seems fine. The two issues are:

1. Sound intermittently cuts out. This happens at least every-other day, usually on a channel change. When the sound gets cut-off, it appears to be system-wide. Exiting and entering the add-on doesn't fix the problem nor does trying local-playback. The only fix I've found is a reboot.

2. Entering the EPG on a 720p channel causes the audio to stop/start every 10 seconds, like the playback is running out of buffer. Only audio can be heard in the EPG view, but the video also seems to be affected. Re-tuning the original channel causes the (now delayed) video to speed-up to the live feed. If you stay in the EPG for >30 seconds and re-tune into the original channel, the video/audio will sometimes freeze. 1080i and 480i channels are fine. Deinterlace video = auto. Deinterlace method = auto select.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevant specs:
  • Raspberry Pi Model 2 (w/ MPEG-2 & VC-1 Codecs)
  • Openelec 6.0 / ReFocus 2.0
  • IPTV-Simple 1.11.15 / HDHR4-2US
  • Direct HDMI connection
There seems to be a problem with Kodi's automatic deinterlacing feature. My second problem (audio skipping in EPG window) went away after switching deinterlace from "auto" to "on" in the OSD video settings menu. The problem persists if deinterlacing is set to "off". This is odd behavior because deinterlace "on" keeps deinterlacing active for all interlaced (480i, 1080i) channels, but fixes the 720p stutter. Huh

I also noticed that video settings automatically apply to all videos, rather than for each specific video/stream. In other words, I can't set one video/stream to deinterlace "auto" and another to deinterlace "on". Changing the setting for one video/stream automatically changes the setting for all videos/streams.

I'm not sure if this has fixed my first problem (sound intermittently cutting out), but I'll report if it occurs again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issues when using IPTV Simple0