Best 4k kodi player?
First of all thank you for the suggest.
I know that I have to improve quality of my av chain but I want a player with a good outlook for the feature an also a good quality. I don't want to buy a player that is old in one year

(2015-11-19, 16:44)couto27 Wrote: The prime function of a media player is to read and be a transport of audio + vídeo, if possible dont mess with it, let the expensive gear (audio/av receiver) handle the content (vídeo/TV/vídeo processor).

1-get your content right, avoid compressed vídeo or audio.
2- calibrate your TV
3- get proper av receiver to decode HD audio
4- get good set of speakers

Without the above ingredients you are wasting time deciding between 100$ player and 200$ player, simple because you will not take advantage of the source capacities.
100% Agree with couto27 !

(2015-11-19, 16:14)Maverikkk Wrote: What about the quality in terms of video processor? In other topics I read different opinion...one of the best video processor should be the one mounted on q5
Why on Earth are you worried about video processing when you have a 4K TV ?

This is the most important Kodi requirement for 4K video going into the future with an Android platform:
Quote:Android Surface Rendering
The Android platform has always been a bit special as it’s still maturing and this change shows that. Some newer devices that can do UHD or 4K playback really well lack the power to also create the Kodi interface at that resolution, and this creates kind of a problem. The end result was that the we either had to downscale the video to a lower resolution to make sure the interface was snappy, or show full size video but the device might not be able handle the high resolution interface. This change allows us to create the Kodi user-interface in a different resolution than the resolution we do video playback, so what happens now is that the interface is displayed at 1080p, and the video will actually be output at the 4K resolution if the device supports it as we let the chip-set do the work instead of the processor.

Important to mention is that this doesn’t apply to AMLogic devices with proper permissions as these will still use amcodec. Any other Android device that is not able to do “android surface rendering” has not implemented the standard Android MediaCodec API in the proper way. Sadly we have to take this route because the Android eco-system has become too big of a maze to support and we will only implement what we feel is the way forward, this means that we will only follow the official Android platform methods, and we will no longer implement any hacks or workarounds. If the device you have is not compatible, then we strongly advise that you ask your device manufacturer to properly implement these functions in the device’s firmware, it may be harsh but we as Team Kodi are not responsible for incomplete firmware created by these device manufacturers.

If any Kodi Android platform cannot provide Firmware support for this API, now or into the future then forget about that platform no matter how flashy the Tech specs look or the marketing lies. Rockchip will need to quickly start using these standard API's in Android and get up to speed real quick or be left behind come Kodi 16.x +

I would rather trust platforms from Kodi Diamond Sponsors that have a vested interest to provide Kodi Android API compatibility than anyone else. These Sponsor platforms are from nVIDIA, WeTek and MINIX. Its that simple.

(2015-11-19, 17:32)Maverikkk Wrote: I don't want to buy a player that is old in one year

Nothing is future proof the way the technology evolves.
Theres a hand full of manufactures that support their hardware with new firmwares even if the product has being released a few years ago.

For example.. Mede8er, Oppo, Pioneer, logitech, sony & panasonic are good examples to keep their player up-to-date.
I can't speak from Nvidia since i have short experience with them, but I've notice that in their forum the end user has a voice for future features /request.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best 4k kodi player?0