Web solution kodi web server
Hello, I'm trying to use the work of the kodi team with their scrapper to use afterwards the database in a webserver.
My idea would be to use kodi on a server in a minimal way (only the scrapper and the webserver ) to share my tv show and movies which are currently stored on a ftp server. But I don't know how to do so?

My second issue is that I would like to add some features on the webserver interface Chorus: We also share files(pdf mainly) in that ftp server and I want to be able to access it from Chorus. How could I implement Chorus on a regular Apache server to use php inside Chorus?
I thought using a MYSQL database but it didnt work: the source code of Chorus seems to need to be used inside Kodi...

Thank's for your help
hm... well, if i understand it right, i think this is not a very good idea. kodi is not a file sharing tool. i would rather suggest, you use something like owncloud and try to use some parts of the scrapper as a plugin for a such system. or just write it yourselfe, a lot if sites have API's like imdb.

another idea (maybe not a good one) is, that you scan your content with kodi and use the json api to get to the info based on the source path. and than somehow export it, make it aviable for your sharing system, without direct access to kodi.

please also make sure, that your sharing with friends does not violate laws in your country. in some countries (like mine) sharing with friends when you legaly own the files is ok. in others (i think most) it's not.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Thank you for the answer Smile !
I already developed a scrapper myself in php using tmdb api for movies but I didn't succeed for tv show... So I had to give up...
I will work on your second idea but I read the wiki on Json and it seems to me that it still need to have xbmc/kodi running?

Actually it's not an issue in my case because we are working on a private network available only to student from my school, the question is rather if someone in the school owns the original files and that I don't know....

Thank you again for your answer, after searching a little more on the forum i found a topic called kodi xbmc headless and I think it was almost what I was looking for. I will try it out next days!
ok glad i could help.

and yes, you need a kodi running to get data over json.

good luck!
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web solution kodi web server0