Help deciding which syncing sharing method to use
I'm looking for some good comparisons, pros and cons to which syncing/sharing method I want to use and hope the people here can help with my choice.

I know I want to sync and share across my home network. I want one central database for all media and have the watched state synced ad be able to resume in another room. I know this can be done with any of the sync/share methods listed in the wiki, I just don't know the advantages of one over the other.

I do plan to use kodi as my only client.
I currently do not care about access to content from outside the home.

For those 2 reasons I'm pushed towards the mysql method but the plexbmc method seems a lot simpler with the added feature of access outside of home. Even though I don't care about outside access, it is a nice feature. I also thought about emby but even though I understand the instructions to use the add-on, I don't like the fact it isn't supported by kodi and takes over the kodi database. Just afraid it could break at one point and I'm waiting on a fix.

I don't mind a little work for the initial setup but I don't want something I will have to tweak or babysit every time there is an update. Mostly I just want a way to sync and share that is simple when it comes to updates. Which brings me to my post. Maybe there is something I'm not thinking about or don't know about. I don't know what I don't know. So if anyone can share some reasons why one method is better or worse than another or why you chose the method you did, it would be appreciated.

BTW, I just order an Nvidia Shield TV to be my first kodi box for my main tv. I will probably build small media boxes for the bedroom tv's or get another shield.
Well, left to my own research, I landed on the emby plugin. Ran things on a test computer first and everything installed without any problems. So I setup an emby server and connected my new Nvidia Shield TV to it with the emby plugin and things just work. So I'm a happy camper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help deciding which syncing sharing method to use0