Issues that need to be addressed...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2163153

Why is this split in the bin and not open for discussion? I have a lot I'd like to contribute...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
You mean the issue named Martijn?
(2015-11-19, 20:08)Lunatixz Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2163153

Why is this split in the bin and not open for discussion? I have a lot I'd like to contribute...

It might be in the bin, but it's not locked. You can still comment. Although many will probably not see it?
Its unfortunate... The atmosphere generated from certain Kodi members makes it difficult to contribute to Kodi... Almost forces developers to act independently or look for other development forums.

Personally all I ever wanted was to give back to the awesome Kodi project...
Jep.. Now the DSPlayer on windows-dev left very dissatisfied. Another example is Karlsson2k who did great stuff. He simply is ignored, demotivated..

It would do the project good to have a better attitude. And not just new usernames for davilla and spiff. Current generation teammembers still carry that silly attitude they thought the needed to spread.
Someone mentioned me ? I have a new username for a very specific reason that is unrelated to team-kodi as I'm not directly involved with Kodi anymore. I still write code that makes its way back into kodi code base.
(2015-11-26, 13:10)Robotica Wrote: Another example is Karlsson2k who did great stuff. He simply is ignored, demotivated..
Where do you get that from? Karlson2k did a shitload of work that went into master past years and is appreciated by the team. What we know he's currently busy with real life. Don't spread lies.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Davilla: Congrats with your new identity. It feels like rebranding an old dGPU and strip it from it earlier bugs.

Attitude like Martijn and Davilla (and Spiff) is exactly what caused the decay of this community. Too bad, since many, many, many devs (and other kind of users) would love to dedicate efforts towards this project.

But that attitude, including lying due to conflict of interest leading to becoming less open, not fixing important organizational issues, no vision resulting in a broken attitude is what is hurting this community. I've seen many dissatisfied devs (mostly the community type) trying to enter this community but not willing to adhere to that mentality. Even all-round good guys like Nate and others are hold back, despite there effortless contributions, to express there opinions.

The software stays great so no worries over there. Heck, Fernetmenta, Fristsch, Montelesse, Millhouse, popcornmix, wsnipex and many others do great work for this software. Some to make money, some because it's simply their job and countless other reasons.

This project even survived Android-fragmentation, €30 million forks even without proper organization and structure. And that's only due to attraction of the software. However, it doesn't change the fact that the soft skills around this project are lacking. Those who adhere to all that explainable nonsense are simple proxies with no real use. Most of them also starting to understand that by now....

ps. Martijn: It's not real life what stopped him but you need some imagination to understand that. you've seen k2k's open PR's, right?
ps2: This is not a new topic. This topic comes back every now and then. Banning messenger won''t fix anything. A decent dialogue does but it should involve people with good attitude and no conflict of interest. And that's when the shit hits the fan

@Lunatikxz: sorry for hijacking your post; don't feel hold-back with what you have to say.
I see Robotica has not changed and is still a troll Smile
(2015-11-26, 18:12)MrMC Wrote: I see Robotica has not changed and is still a troll Smile
Absolutely
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-11-26, 18:01)Robotica Wrote: @Lunatikxz: sorry for hijacking your post; don't feel hold-back with what you have to say.

The only issue on my mind is certain team members that are hostile and disrespectful to those who want to help the Kodi project...

I would usually keep my head down in this situation (this member tends to delete posts and ban user at whim.) I'm already well aware that i'm on his sh#t list... so i have no qualms speaking out

Over the years I know of a increasing number of users/developers that have issues with the same team member. Unfortunately nothing ever changes and this member continues to act in a disrespectful and unprofessional manner.

I even went so far as writing a number of emails this team member, to which i expressed my sincere interest in helping Kodi... all of which seems to fall on deaf ears...
(2015-11-26, 18:16)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 18:12)MrMC Wrote: I see Robotica has not changed and is still a troll Smile
Absolutely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_ca...ttle_black
I said what I have to say. There is nu use in countering a lyer and his useless proxy without others acknowledgeing the past, current and future problems within this community.

So congrats..
For info I split the original topic and couldn't find anywhere else for it to go other than that section.

Try to remember to keep things on topic people.

By the way I also pm'ed the user at the time and they were fine about it. Infact the PR being discussed was sorted taking into account his (and others comments).
(2015-11-26, 18:16)Martijn Wrote:
Absolutely

This isn't a thread I intend to have much participation in. Whilst I have had issues with the Kodi team, they were quite different from those being discussed here. But I wanted to raise these comments - coming purely from the point of view of how they represent the team. Sure, you may consider Robotica to be a troll, but simply saying "Robotica is a troll" doesn't do anything to address the issues - whether real or imagined - that have been raised. And from the point of view of an outsider, actually enforce the view that he has presented. If you don't agree with what he has said then that's great - but if you want people to actually accept your point of view it's worth actually saying what it is about his point of view that you disagree with.

I do appreciate that you don't want to encourage those you see as trolls. But, particularly with a discussion like this, the comments will be seen by the wider world in isolation, and simply dismissing such comments as being trollish actually harms your own argument, and enhances the counter argument.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues that need to be addressed...0