I'm new here
As the title says, I'm new here. And I just wanted to take a little time to thank the Kobi community for such an easy and seamless experience getting my setup up and going.

Here's my experience to date.

Few weeks ago, bought a new QNAP NAS. Found support for DVBLink. Looked promising. Bought a HDHomeRun. With almost no effort, I had DVBLink playing and recording live TV. Looked more promising. Looking really promising. Bought a Raspberry Pi 2 and a FLIRC.

Last night I gathered up all my bits and pieces, including cables, power supply, Harmony remote, and laptop for internet help. Got myself ready to pull and all-nighter to make everything work. Grabbed a stiff drink, and got to it..

Plugged my SD card into my new Raspberry Pi 2, plugged in keyboard/mouse/HDMI and turned in on hoping for the worst.
I was presented with NOOBS and selected the RPi2 OPENELEC installation.

Five minutes later, I was presented with the Kodi setup. I installed the DVBLink add-on, and I was watching and recording live TV. And to my surprise, my TV remote was controlling Kobi through CEC before I even thought about plugging in the FLIRC.

So instead of spending the expected 3-4 hours getting everything working, it was 20-30 minutes getting it all working, and 2-3 hours of playing with settings and skins, and actually watching TV.

Kudos and a big thank you to everyone in Kodi community that has contributed to make it so effortless to get started!
Welcome and thanks for your positive 1st post.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Good to hear that at times everything works as smooth as we sometimes hope it will go Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Amazing, although there is still work to be done to make it even easier!
the fun is just beginning
What's Kobi? Where can I find that amazing software? Rofl
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-11-21, 18:22)h.udo Wrote: What's Kobi? Where can I find that amazing software? Rofl
Oops.. Looks like I posted in the wrong forum! Not sure what this Kodi thing is, but you should give this Kobi a try. It's well worth the effort!
(2015-11-20, 17:41)bry- Wrote: the fun is just beginning
So I'm finding out.. Instead of having to make do with the shortcomings of a store-bought device, if there's something I don't like I just know that there's something I can do to make it better.. I can see plenty of time being spent on this.. Smile
So glad to hear a positive success story! Not that Kodi is "idiot-proof" but so many times you hear complaints and it's something in the settings. Glad to hear it worked out for you and welcome to the black pit that is kodi! Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm new here0