kodi wont play any video feeds
Looks like your aljazeera has a different issue:

Code:
19:36:23 T:140573824509696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTP Error 410: Gone
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/matt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.aljazeera/addon.py", line 234, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/home/matt/.kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/plugin.py", line 330, in run
                                                self.dispatch(self.path)
                                              File "/home/matt/.kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/plugin.py", line 129, in dispatch
                                                return view_func(**items)
                                              File "/home/matt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.aljazeera/addon.py", line 165, in show_categories3
                                                videos, total_results = get_videos('1', 'vod', '1')
                                              File "/home/matt/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.aljazeera/addon.py", line 99, in get_videos
                                                src = download_page(url)
                                              File "/home/matt/.kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/common.py", line 80, in download_page
                                                u = urllib2.urlopen(url, data)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
                                                return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 410, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 448, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 410: Gone
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:36:23 T:140574657509312   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
19:36:23 T:140573824509696    INFO: Python script stopped
19:36:23 T:140573824509696   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 140573824509696 terminating.

http error 410: The Web server (running the Web site) thinks that the URL requested by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) is no longer available from that system. This is not a 'never heard of it' response, but a 'does not live here any more' response.
im guessing that kodi wants a newer version of python than linux mint is offering as all the errors center around python
(2015-11-21, 02:45)lizzi Wrote: im guessing that kodi wants a newer version of python than linux mint is offering as all the errors center around python

All addons are in python. I dont know if python is your problem, others would have to speak to it. But i believe we would see straight up errors stating incompatibilities in the log, not these issues. Your aljazera problem is that the videos dont exist, nothing to do with Kodi or the addon. The PBS one looks specific to that addon

Cheers!
Well maybe i try ubuntu vervet-meister something...
Hopefully that works! Ububtu has always been good to me...and I think better supported.

Cheers!
(2015-11-21, 02:48)wyild1 Wrote: Your aljazera problem is that the videos dont exist, nothing to do with Kodi or the addon. The PBS one looks specific to that addon

Cheers!

Ok but they exist on my antergos boxes and pbs plays on them easily enough.
(2015-11-21, 18:52)lizzi Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 02:48)wyild1 Wrote: Your aljazera problem is that the videos dont exist, nothing to do with Kodi or the addon. The PBS one looks specific to that addon

Cheers!

Ok but they exist on my antergos boxes and pbs plays on them easily enough.

I'll repeat what fritsch (a kodi developer) said, and what i have said. The problem is with the addon, not Kodi. Please talk to the addon owner/dev

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi wont play any video feeds0