Custom movies menu question
Hi,

I'm trying to make two different movie items in the main menu, one for kids movies, and one for all the other movies. Seems simple enough, but I cannot get it right. Hope someone can help.

Here's what I did:
- I took the menu item 'movies', renamed it to 'kids movies' and saved the settings
- I took the menu item 'games' (I don't use it) and replaced it with the saved settings, then renamed it to 'other movies'

I now have two menu items, called 'kids movies' and 'other movies', both based on the original movies item.

- I exit the settings menu and go to the main menu.
- Under 'kids movies' I click Add files, and point it to the directory on my NAS containing kids movies.
- Under 'other movies' I click Add files, and point it to the directory on my NAS containing other movies.

The result is different from what I expect: Kids movies and Other movies are exactly the same, they both contain a list of all kids movies and other movies, mixed. Obviously that's not what I meant. I would like the Kids movies item to only list kids movies, so my children can easily navigate them without seeing the art of all the grownup movies.

Help?

Cheers
P
Need use smartplaylist for split contents (items on library), using rule for filter library items, based on path folders.

First step, go to settings, submenu customize main menu, item movies (press left arrow for customize submenu), first empy item (replace this menu with), select item create video smartplaylist, on the third panel

Now go to movies, submenu smart v-playlist

Image (enter)

Press new smartplaylist for call editor smartplaylist, and create similar rule based on path for folder, similar image

Create other smartplaylist, similar for other movies folder, for filter adult movies

Now go to customize main menu, and

Select kids, rename item for kids, and clone submenu movies

Repeat same procedure for adult movies, replace original movies item, or hidden original movies item on customize and create other new item, in other empty.

Go to movies, press up arrow, for select respective widget

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi Wanilton, thanks so much for your reply.

I have tried it a hundred times, but I cannot get it to work. I have created the smart v-playlist, and I have replaced the menu item with this playlist, like you explained above. But when I access the menu item in the main menu, it just shows an empty folder.

I'm very sure there are movies in the folder, and I'm very sure I'm using the right path.

The path is on my NAS, so it looks like this: smb://192.168.x.x/videos on my nas/movies

Could the problem be the fact that the path has an IP address in it?

Hope you can help!

Thanks
P
@Pachango, you need first put your movies on library, smartplaylist filter contents on database. If you use kodi in files mode, don´t work.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom movies menu question1