extrafanart namig question
In the wiki here it states that extrafanart must be named fanart1, fanart2, etc...

I have extrafanart that is named differently but it still works. Is the wiki incorrect here? Is it just the direction Kodi is going and required in the future? Is it just recommended so that one can control the sequence of the extrafanart?

If it is the direction the development of Kodi is going...will fanart01, fanart02, etc.. acceptable as well? I know I would prefer this as windows will list it accurately. [/code]Just cleaning up the collections and would like to do this once.
"extrafanart" Is not a native Kodi Feature, that said it's really up to the skinner on how this is handled FTW "named fanartX.jpg where X is a sequential number starting with 1 (fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg, etc)" which would imply the sort as sequential numbering. I personally wouldn't bother sorting out images, but I would limit the number of images, or you'll find that cover flow cruising your library will effect the smoothness of display.

Using Artwork Down-loader to create and download extrafanart you end up with hash names, and a lot of users have allowed this add-on to populate their folders. I guess you can extrapolate from that, the naming of images will be pretty stable based on the skin. Your thoughts on naming is reasonable, but in the end keep your time investments down; micro managing a media manager like Kodi will make you older.

Looking towards the future, I wouldn't be surprised to see more animated fanart and posters.
From what I see, skins use what is called a "multiimage control" to display the "extrafanart". For this to work, the skin points to a folder, then all image files in that folder get displayed. "Extrafanart" folder in a known location (for example, in the same folder as the media file) is the typical way this is done. Some skins allow you to place folders in different locations, such as created by the "artwork organizer" add-on. I'm not sure what order Kodi shows the files, but as long as they are .jpg or .png formats they will show. If your folder is not found by Kodi when it attempts to show the "multiimage" that will be logged in kodi.log debug log (I think you need to turn on debugging for it to get logged).

scott s.
Thank you both for the feedback. They were exactly what I was looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extrafanart namig question0