No HD using Orangepi plus
I am using Isengard 15.2, but cannot see in HD, only SD.

Software: Model Dolphin Version Android 4.4.2 Firmware Homlet 4.4.2-H3-V1.0

Tried to change display settings, but 1080 does not hold, it reverts back to 720

Any suggestions please ?
Can your TV do HD? Did you change it in the Android firmware?

Cheers!
My TV does HD.

When using my Isengard on my laptop, connected by HDMI I can see HD on my tv.

The problem is that when I try to change the Android display settings, to 1080, it reverts back to 720.

When trying to update firmware, it says its up to date.

Do you know where I can update locally, or perhaps just a patch for Android 4.4.2 ?
Android screen settings need to be done from android setup, not kodi's afaik.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, settigs from ANDROID 4.4.2 done. Problem persists, because the settings to 1080 resolution would not hold.
Settings automatically reverts back to 720, the settings are not saved.
http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/fo...ad&tid=240
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I am terribly disappointed with the performance of Kodi on my Orange pi plus.
What a waste of money !
I used to go to settings andtry, without success to change the video resolution, but its futile.
Now, it is even worse, because the resolution settings just disappeared for no aqpparent reason. Its is just showing PAL or NTSC settings !!!!!!

Its not TRUE HD, and the audio is far from todays standards.
Movies look more like 35mm celloloid film, with optical track than 720 or 1080 ! !

And the proof is here :
I have downloaded the OSMC (OSMC is a dedicated Kodi software OS) from https://osmc.tv/download/
and it does not install because of video restrictions. The restriction is that the orange pi has NO genuine HD components.
The OrangePi range of devices are based on Allwinner SoCs. OSMC isn't designed to run on Allwinner SoCs - that's why it didn't work.

Allwinner SoCs DO have HD capabilities, but they have lousy Open Source support for their Cedar hardware video acceleration system, which is why you don't see OpenElec, OSMC etc. builds for the OrangePi or other Allwinner-based devices. This is also why Kodi under Ubuntu on the platforms is disappointing. Without hardware acceleration Kodi has to use software (i.e. CPU) decoding and the Allwinner SoCs aren't powerful enough for software decoding of HD H264 etc.

The Allwinner devices do have some Android support, but as you are experiencing, it can be flaky.

There's a reason so many of us use Raspberry Pi 2s and Amlogic-based ODroid C1+s... They have good to excellent Linux driver and development support and manufacturers who have engaged with the Kodi and wider Open Source development community.

Allwinner took a very different approach, and have a reputation for violating GPL (the licence under which Kodi is distributed and developed). As a result there is zero love for them.

So - yes, the Orange Pi is a bit of a dog when it comes to Kodi, but it isn't correct to say it doesn't have HD components. (It's more a case that it has them but the support for them is terrible in many areas)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HD using Orangepi plus0