Android Kodi not launching
Hi, I wonder if you can help, I have cleared the cache on the Kodi (version 15) Now Kodi is not launching at all, when I click launch Application I get a blank screen. I am running Kodi on Amazon Fire. Your help and guidance will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Asim
Not sure how you cleared the cache... The base vanilla Kodi doesn't seem to have that function.If you manually cleared it, then it's likely you deleted some operational files and would require a re-install. If you're using a tool that is not in the official repository, then you would be best looking for support in the place you got the tool.
Thanks PatK for your prompt response... Appreciated!!!

I am not technical at all, so did not use any tools. When I launch Kodi I got the following menu

Launch application
Force stop
UnInstall
Clear data
Clear Cache

I just clicked on clear cache. Now when I click on Launch application once it brings back the above menu again and when I click second time on the launch application it gives me a blank screen... Hope this clarify the issue.

Regards...
I'm unsure what version of Kodi you picked up There's a lot of un-official versions of the program from various sources, the official version is picked up from the top of the page under downloads. Sounds like you are using the installer to launch Kodi, perhaps after it's been already installed. I don't remember seeing your menu choice on an android device, but I have heard of issues like this with un-official versions and this forum doesn't support those.

I suggest a Uninstall, and try the latest stable Kodi, there is quite a few Androids fixes coming fast & furious. Failing that, I would Uninstall one more time and try the tweaked for Android SPMC build, I had good luck with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not launching0