v15 My Libraries can't share automatically
I'm using Windows 8.1 and Kodi 15.2 on my HTPC.
A few weeks ago, everything was fine. My Kodi on client side (on my android tv box) could connect to my Kodi on my HTPC (as the server). The library from the server shared it's content perfectly.

Then suddenly a few days ago, my Kodi client couldn't find my Kodi server.
I tried to disable windows firewall, and the Kodi client could find my Kodi server again. Strange, coz I never change any setting on my windows firewall (it's a windows 8.1's firewallSad).

Today, my Kodi client can't see my Kodi server again even when the firewall is off.

After some experiments, I know that I have to disable "SERVICE - UPnP/DLNA - SHARE MY LIBRARIES" on my Kodi server first, and enable it again, just to make my Kodi server share it's libraries and found by Kodi client.

Is it a bug? Or there is something that I haven't know?
Ensure your smb connections are by ip and not share name. Do searches for smb connection. Android will inexplicably get the lost connection error, and it can be frustrating, but it's workable.

Also helps if we had more information about your setup, and any debug logs.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
don't know what smb has to do with it, ginung seems to be using dlna.

But making sure the 'server' keeps the same ip address would be a good idea.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm not using SMB to connecting my kodi client to kodi server.
I select Files - UPnP from my kodi client to find my kodi server.
But yes, I'm using DHCP for all the client (my wireless router provide IP for all client that connected to it).

Oke, I'll try to use static IP.
I'll let you know the result.
Woaah....
Now I know why my Kodi Client can't find my Kodi Server.
I had OpenVPN apps on my PC Kodi Server.
Even after uninstalled that OpenVPN, it left TAP app (something like a bridging app for VPN connection).

And that TAP app sometimes blocking or redirecting my Kodi Server connection so my Kodi Client can't see my Kodi Server.

After uninstalling that TAP app, everything is fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Libraries can't share automatically0