Linux [SOLVED] Kodi freezes when pressing "Play Disc" (playing a DVD)
nightly or unstable until v17 is stable
and yes, mixing versions with mysql is not recommended. It won't cause any damage, but v16 clients won't the the v17 db, so no synch.
I installed Kodi via nightly PPA anfd now I have Kodi 17 beta 5. Unfortunately, now I lost my lue ray java menu support and when i try to play a dvd, Ican hear only audio but no video and if i go and the upper right corner kodi starts to slow. This is my log file
Log file
I solved the issue with dvds not using "deinterlaced" in video settings. For bluray (Star Wars Clone Wars), if I choose "play disc menu" I got a message "This blu ray disc menu cannot be played" but with Kodi 16 everithing was ok. I think the only way is waiting for the finale release. Thanks to all for the support Big Grin
The final release won't have that fixed for sure. Please go to trac.kodi.tv and file a proper bugreport. Bugs won't be fixed magically.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You can call me stupid but I don't even see the option to play a DVD.
When I put the DVD into the drive, Kodi seems not to recognize it.
Where should the entry to start the DVD appear?

THX,
Matthias
Put it, reboot -> play it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Kodi freezes when pressing "Play Disc" (playing a DVD)0