All XBMC/Kodi Versions - Try this Fix for Kodi crashing at startup
Not much time:

1. /Applications <- this is where Kodi is installed
2. ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi <- this is where Kodi saves its settings (it generates this folder on the first start if it is not there) - userdata and so on

All pathes can be gathered from the log file (they are printed in at the very start).

The Database has to be there. If not there might be a permission issue that the user can't create the userdata/Database folder.

Do as follows

In Finder go to Applications->Utilities and open "Terminal"

Then issue:

ls -al Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata

and

ls -al Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/Database

and post the output here (via pastebin)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz here is the pastebin file:

http://pastebin.com/pkTjf23F

what does it mean?
In Finder go to Applications->Utilities and open "Terminal"

Then issue:

mv Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.broken.db

Hit "enter" after that.

Kodi should work then.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz,

I had to rename the userdata forlder from userdata.tmp back to its original form from the previous trubleshooting.

The problem remains after runing this script
i have the feeling we are talking past each other ... log was showing a corrupted textures database - you stated you didn't find the right folder (but kept looking in the wrong location in/Applications) and so i showed you where that database is and how to remove it and now you are tellong me something i don't get about some userdata.tmp folder?

i think this is over my head right now Wink
I meant that the from a previous troubleshooting someone had me try to rename the userdata folder to userdata.tmp.

What I was saying to you is that my MAC system does not have kodi installed in the location you provided: Library/Application\ Support/Kodi/userdata/Database
On my MAC kodi is installed here: Machintosh HD/Application/Kodi/userdata (no Database or XBMX folder here)
No idea why because at the time of installation the only choice is my applications folder.

Thanks for trying my friend
Hey all,

Once again I uninstalled Kodi. In addition, ran a defrag scan on my hard drive, ran spyware check and to my surprise it found several on a MAC!
Got rid off them, re-installed kodi and it is working fine! Have no clue what was wrong to being with but it is working.

However there is still no database folder in the userdata folder. Anyway Kodi is up and running fine now.

Thank you all for the help!

DarcMan
Finally ! Smile

Out of interest what did the Spyware check find, what Spyware names popped up ?
Also what software did you use to check as this will help other OSX users ?

And for completeness you should really try to understand this post here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2170054

Nobody ever said that kodi should be installed in "Application Support". Its where Kodi creates and stores all user settings. Its totally fine and correct to have Kodi installed in the Applications folder. For the future. Never touch or look into anything inside the Applications/Kodi.app folder. All you want is in the Applications Support/Kodi folder.
Wrxtasy,

The name of the malware was Genieo Virus. Apple support Communities and Symantec have some more info about it. Apparetly it was attached to the latest java I installed.
Thanks Memphiz
(2015-11-29, 23:05)DarcMan Wrote: Wrxtasy,

The name of the malware was Genieo Virus. Apple support Communities and Symantec have some more info about it. Apparetly it was attached to the latest java I installed.
Thanks.
Just a small correction. There are no self replicating Viruses on a Mac since OSX was introduced.
Malware and Adware, yes but no Viruses, due to strong security built into OSX from the ground up.
An Admin system password has to be typed in first for this type of Genio Malware to even be installed.

For those reading I strongly suggest legitimate browser addons like AdBlock and Ghostery be added to any Web Browser arsenal. Block adds, Popups and sneaky user tracking all in one hit when you combine the two.

Genio Malware Installer info:
https://blog.malwarebytes.org/mac/2015/0...-keychain/

And if anyone want to detect and remove this type of Malware and Adware residing on a Mac use this legitimate Malewarebytes App:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/

http://www.thesafemac.com/mmg-defense/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All XBMC/Kodi Versions - Try this Fix for Kodi crashing at startup0