All XBMC/Kodi Versions - Try this Fix for Kodi crashing at startup
Milhouse,

I am unable to find a file named kodi.log? I searched the entire hard drive. Did I meses things up when I unistalled Kodi??

I tried to do some debuging from the MAC OS using the terminal app while Kodi tríes to load. This is what I can see happening when I start Kodi:

Last login: Mon Nov 23 21:51:54 on ttys000
/Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/MacOS/Kodi ; exit;
Davids-MBP:~ DavidArcelaypizarro$ /Applications/Kodi.app/Contents/MacOS/Kodi ; exit;
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type dbiplus:Big GrinbErrors
Abort trap: 6
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Does this help?

DarcMan
As per the PM I just sent you - I don't know anything about Mac OS, you'll need to get someone more familiar with this OS to help you.

See the Userdata (wiki) page for default userdata locations - pay particular attention to the note for Mac OS.

Assuming the Wiki is correct you should be able to find the temp directory alongside the userdata directory. Inside the temp directory will be kodi.log.

If you haven't found your userdata location then presumably you haven't managed to create the advancedsettings.xml file which you should create inside the userdata directory.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Nope - the log file is located under ~/Library/Logs on osx - where all applications have their log file.

Simply open Applications -> Utilities -> Console

Then at the left navigate to "~/Library/Logs" and you will see kodi.log ...

Log file locations are independend from userdata locations documented here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz,

Thank you so much! Found it

DarcMan
Milhouse,

Finally here is my Kodi.log

http://pastebin.com/HsLhpM8q

DarcMan
Thanks @Memphiz.

@DracMan: Looks like Textures13.db is the corrupt database. Delete it and restart Kodi. The path should be userdata/Database/Textures13.db below your Kodi directory.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse,

There is no database folder inside the usedata folder. Could it be because it is a fresh installation?
Database not database.

userdata not usedata.

This is stupid.
Hey sorry for my spelling error!

My userdata folder does not have any folders inside. All it has is the following files:

ModeLines_template.xml
RssFeeds.xml
advancedsettings.xml

Don't worry about it. Thanks for your time and i did not mean to annoy you!
Maybe someone more familiar with MacOS can guide you to where Textures13.db can be found because I clearly have no idea how Macs are setup for Kodi. However, you installed this software (Kodi) so normally one would expect you to know where these files are stored, unless you've deleted files and trashed the installation - making it unsupportable - as part of your various install/uninstall attempts, because I'm confused why files don't exist that should exist.
~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database/
I scratch my head as well why a simple point and click cannot solve this problem. Renaming the entire Kodi folder to Kodi.temp found here would reset Kodi to a fresh, newly installed state and Normally fix all of the problems encountered:

~/Library/Application Support/Kodi

Rename this Kodi folder

EDIT: also rename this XBMC folder as it is possible Kodi is migrating corrupted XBMC data from an old install every time you restart afresh.

~/Library/Application Support/XBMC

Milhouse when you install a program on a MAC it does not make it easy for the user to exactly know the folder locaciones as a Windows PC would! I have NOT delete any files except unistalling and re-installing kodi....therefore I too am confused.

Menakite & Wrxtasy for some reason my MAC installs programs in a location different from that you describe and it looks as this:

~/Machintosh HD/Application/Kodi/userdata (no Database or XBMX folder here)

(this is how my MAC came configured when I purchased it)

There is no folder found in my entere hard drive named Database that is part of Kodi

Now as I look deeper in the addons folder I see other folders named XBMC. Could this be where Kodi may be migrating XBMC data from?

These folders are as follows:
xbmc.addon
xbmc.audioencoder
xbmc.codec
xmc.core
xbmc.gui
xbmc.json
xbmc.metadata
xbmc.pvr
xbmc.python
xbmc.webinterface

Should I renace all the above to .tmp?

By the way, thank you all for trying to help me with this.
You are no Copying and Pasting exactly like I gave instructions in the very first post in this thread:

You are in completely the wrong folder. And actually have the normal Applications folder

You want the "Application Support" folder, you will not get this fixed unless you get the correct folder.

Please follow the instructions Exactly

That is what I am saying....Kodi is not installed in the ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/Database/

There is no Kodi folder or files there. Was that the location in which my MAC was supposed to install the Kodi app? If so what happened? I have no choice during installation process. Just the ability to drag the kodi icon into the MAC HD and the installation begins. I have a 2011 MACbook Pro...not sure how the newer MACs work.

I did renamed the kodi folder to kodi.tmp. When I start kodi I see the Kodi icon at the bottom of the screen and it then dissapears and crashes. It does not go as far as loading kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All XBMC/Kodi Versions - Try this Fix for Kodi crashing at startup0