• 20(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
Just tested the latest Jarvis version from git and home menu rebuilt now without probs, awesome work Jeroen & Bob!
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Just installed it in 16.1 Jarvis, and it is great, I love it. Just one question, maybe it's something I'm missing: There is no way of selecting the exact minute that I want to put the movie on when watching a movie. Do I have to download anything else? Sorry for my english.
(2016-05-30, 00:05)alfio Wrote: Just installed it in 16.1 Jarvis, and it is great, I love it. Just one question, maybe it's something I'm missing: There is no way of selecting the exact minute that I want to put the movie on when watching a movie. Do I have to download anything else? Sorry for my english.

Do you mean you want to skip to a specific time mark?

In that case: Skip steps (wiki)

But this isn't skin specific.

If you mean something else please explain further or show a screenshot of what you mean from another skin.
(2016-05-29, 15:07)Raitsa Wrote: Just tested the latest Jarvis version from git and home menu rebuilt now without probs, awesome work Jeroen & Bob!

Good to hear Smile
Well... just found a bug in todays Jarvis version (using latest Openelec in NUC) Smile

language in english, all ok:

language in finnish, not ok:
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-05-30, 17:47)Raitsa Wrote: Well... just found a bug in todays Jarvis version (using latest Openelec in NUC) Smile

Yes, this is likely due to something I am working on at the moment. Breakage should be expected using anything other than official releases at this stage Wink This primarily applies to the Krypton branch, but there's mornings where I can't finish what I started sometimes Wink

Not that I don't appreciate people volunteering to be guinea pigs though Tongue

edit: you'll probably solve this by going into skin settings and re-set the home menu layout option. But then you'll probably have to do this again when you receive the update through the Kodi repo.
(2016-05-27, 17:55)lstar337 Wrote: Randomly had a fanart flash while navigating the menu yesterday evening, couldn't reproduce it though, and it is the first time I have seen it.[/align]

It only happens once after a reboot or skin reload (at least in my experience). The good news is, I think I have finally tracked down the cause and fixed this.
Any plans to include a Slim List view that includes Show Name and Episode title in a single line?
(2016-05-31, 18:14)apothegm Wrote: Any plans to include a Slim List view that includes Show Name and Episode title in a single line?

Nope, don't really see the point / added value in it, sorry.
(2016-05-29, 09:22)Jeroen Wrote: Yeah I was wondering the same thing looking into this yesterday. The rebuild is only called when coming from startup. I guess at the time I thought not doing so would always trigger a rebuild or something, so even when not needed. But obviously this poses problems coming from anywhere else like when updates are installed automatically, so that's a brainfreeze on my part.

I have corrected this, I'm pretty sure that will be the end of the empty home screens. Just a couple of other things to wrap up and I'll pester ronie for yet another PR Wink

Cheers Bob

Im glad that im not the only one having the dissapearing menu issue.

What can i do to help?

Using latest stable version of refocus and kodi.

Thanks.
(2016-06-01, 16:18)publicENEMY Wrote:
(2016-05-29, 09:22)Jeroen Wrote: Yeah I was wondering the same thing looking into this yesterday. The rebuild is only called when coming from startup. I guess at the time I thought not doing so would always trigger a rebuild or something, so even when not needed. But obviously this poses problems coming from anywhere else like when updates are installed automatically, so that's a brainfreeze on my part.

I have corrected this, I'm pretty sure that will be the end of the empty home screens. Just a couple of other things to wrap up and I'll pester ronie for yet another PR Wink

Cheers Bob

What can i do to help?

Thanks.

Regarding the disappearing menu issue? Nothing much, the problem has been confirmed as fixed in the version on Git. That fix will be included in a new stable release I expect to push to the Kodi repo before the end of the week.

Besides that? Just report any other issue you come across Smile
(2016-06-01, 16:39)Jeroen Wrote:
(2016-06-01, 16:18)publicENEMY Wrote:

Cheers Bob

What can i do to help?

Thanks.

Regarding the disappearing menu issue? Nothing much, the problem has been confirmed as fixed in the version on Git. That fix will be included in a new stable release I expect to push to the Kodi repo before the end of the week.

Besides that? Just report any other issue you come across Smile

i managed to make the menu appear.

i have multiple profiles on my kodi. the default profile doesnt use refocus. when i change to the profile that uses refocus, no menu appear. sometimes kodi crashes.

i set the default profile to use refocus, still no menu. but when i restart kodi, and kodi load the default profile that use refocus, menu appear. after that, i change to the other profile(not default) that uses refocus, and menu appear.

seems to me, the problem is, menu rebuilding script is only triggered when rebooting kodi and the default profile uses refocus.

thanks. nice skin. +rep
Just thought of something...

We can have widgets bound to a main-menu item (pressing up reveals the widget).
What would be cool is if on each sub-menu you could press down and have widgets for them too.

I've no idea if to many widgets can cause performance issues but non the less I think that'd be kinda cool :)

Oh and another thing.
The fact you can't move the cursor within text-entries is a Kodi core thing I assume?
(2016-06-04, 15:47)Tadly Wrote: Just thought of something...

We can have widgets bound to a main-menu item (pressing up reveals the widget).
What would be cool is if on each sub-menu you could press down and have widgets for them too.

I've no idea if to many widgets can cause performance issues but non the less I think that'd be kinda cool Smile

To be honest, that's a bit too "mystery button" to me, and the kind of thing that makes me "get lost" so to speak. Right now there's an indicator that show the button presses (which could also be clearer I think), having another direction to go into will make navigation too convoluted I think.

Apart from that I think it would also possibly create a feature disparity between the vertical and home menu as both are quite different in the way they are generated and I'm not sure if it would be possible on the vertical menu.

Performance wise I don't think it would have a lot of impact, if any. Pre reFocus 3.x it would have, but now I am using a template which is (re)used for all the widgets. Basically it's just one container that gets dynamic content pushed to it any time you select a different item. This is much, much faster than before.

I have some plans / ideas laying around for a third home menu layout where widgets play a central part which are challenging enough. I would rather invest the time in that sorry Smile

Quote:Oh and another thing.
The fact you can't move the cursor within text-entries is a Kodi core thing I assume?
Not sure what you mean. Do you mean when actually inputting text, say in a search window?
Folks, I have submitted a new release to the Kodi repo, reFocus version 3.2.5 will soon be available.

Changelog:

- reverted to script.watchlist for watchlist functionality
- volumebar now shows percentages again instead of dB
- now playing overlay was not showing in all PVR windows
- proper support for audio DSP manager
- fixes for global search
- fix for homescreen fanart glitching / flashes
- optimized code for video / music osd
- fix for displaying "sortletter"
- fixes for displaying fanart (fallbacks)
- fix for home menu failing to rebuild after update
- optimized background loading
- translation updates

I will be shifting my attention towards the Krypton release now, so the update frequency of the Jarvis version will be going down now. New features will likely be limited to the Krypton version. If any serious bugs show up I will of course fix this in the Jarvis version too.

Starting monday I will be on holiday for two weeks, so I will not be around (much) in here. Do post any issues you come across, I will look into them when I get back.

Cheers Smile
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2