Common Cache fails to start on non jailbroken iOS device
I recently installed Kodi on my non jailbroken iOS devices but when I install an addon that includes the commoncache script it fails to start. I have tried the same addons on my jailbroken iOS device and it works fine!

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
kodi.log would be useful to see.
My guess the port common cache uses is busy.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
MrMC sorry forgot the log file, here it is:

http://pastebin.com/5rkmrJnb
Am i the only one having this problem, if so could someone let me know that Common Cache script works ok on their non jailbroken IOS device?

At least then i would know its just me!

I would have thought that someone more knowledgeable than me would have found something to cause the problem in my log file even if it can't be fixed!
I've only seen the error when I tried to install any extra addons. Had to reinstall Kodi 15.2 to get rid of the error.
I have found that the Music Box addon and the Dropbox addon both load the Common Cache script and neither of them seem to work properly without it so I have uninstalled these addons and removed the Common cache script from the services category and all is ok again now. But it would be good to get it to work as these addons would be ok then!
Have you checked the kodi.log Huh
The Kodi log is available above from pastebin but I don't know what I am looking for, was rather hoping that someone with knowledge of these things would give a clue as to what is going wrong and how to go about a workaround!
I too get this error message after installing the full zip on non-jailbroken iPad3.

I would gladly to post the log, if someone would direct med to its whereabouts. :-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Common Cache fails to start on non jailbroken iOS device0