Req Is this even possible in skins: file list scrolls, selection doesn't?
Sorry for the goofy title, trying to get across the idea in a few words.

First off, love the skin, it fits my asthetic tastes very well. I am wondering if anyone knows if if such a thing as I describe below is possible in Kodi:

The easiest way to describe it is this mockup gif: http://i.imgur.com/00MGRJe.gifv

Basically, when scrolling down, the list moves up, and your highlighted section moves up the screen, until it reaches 3 from the top (I don't show this in the mock up, but I will build it if anyone is interested in implementing), and then it holds there, and the list continues to scroll "under" the highlight.

Ideally scrolling up would be the opposite, so you always have three lines of context in the direction away from where you are headed, and 6 lines of context in the direction you are scrolling to. It boggles my mind that the default behavior is to give you zero context about what is coming next! Perhaps this is a limitation of Kodi? I haven't found a skin yet that does otherwise. . . does anyone know of one?

And if it is possible, any interest in adding this to Arctic: Zephyr? I would be happy to help, I'm a mediocre coder, but if someone points me in the right direction, would be happy to give it a shot. Or I can build a fully fleshed out motion mockup, and be a tester for a better coder . . .
+1 on this.

This bugs the crap out of me also.
To be honest i was also asking myself the same question.... I use artic skin but this question is true for every skin in kodi,maybe it is a kodi limitation but it is a bit annoying that the highlight item is often push to the boarder of the screen....left right up or down ....i find it not really practical....maybe jurial can explain to us how this thing work ?
Not possible unfortunately.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-11-23, 14:22)jurialmunkey Wrote: Not possible unfortunately.

Well, in another thread ronie pointed me to: http://kodi.wiki/view/Fixed_List_Container which looks very promising. I might try hacking around with that. . .
Fixed list will always focus on a certain position regardless of scroll direction - what you want is something that works like a normal list but leaves a buffer of x amount of items from the edge (e.g. starts scrolling 3 items before the end). If you look at the Media Info view with Extra Info turned off, you can see how you can achieve something similar with a fixed list and the <movement> tag, but ONLY if you have the list fixed on the center item.

If you go into View_50_List.xml and edit the list with id="50" and change it to a fixedlist and add to its definition:
Code:
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
<movement>6</movement>

Almost gets you there, but not quite. You will see what I mean about it not being possible.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-11-24, 02:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Fixed list will always focus on a certain position regardless of scroll direction - what you want is something that works like a normal list but leaves a buffer of x amount of items from the edge (e.g. starts scrolling 3 items before the end). If you look at the Media Info view with Extra Info turned off, you can see how you can achieve something similar with a fixed list and the <movement> tag, but ONLY if you have the list fixed on the center item.

If you go into View_50_List.xml and edit the list with id="50" and change it to a fixedlist and add to its definition:
Code:
<focusposition>3</focusposition>
<movement>6</movement>

Almost gets you there, but not quite. You will see what I mean about it not being possible.
Yeah that's great, love it on "Extra info". So, the downward scrolling is sorted, and I am happy to have it so, as I usually scroll down. I wonder if there is a way to hack it using <onup> to send you to a different control, one which is set up for the the opposite direction? And then make it visible and hide the other one. I'm not going to try and figure out that, as I'm satisfied with the downward direction. Thanks a lot for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this even possible in skins: file list scrolls, selection doesn't?0