Prompt to delete at end of recording
Am I missing something? Is there a way to have this plugin prompt at the end of a recording with the option to save or delete a recording at the end? Like it does in MythFrontend?
I didn't know this option exists in mythfrontend. For the addon, just opening the context menu on the recording and choose delete item if you want to delete it.
Oh ya its a cool option. Just like being able to stop a recording without having to delete it (unless I'm missing something, as i dont see it)

But I digress haha ya its an option in Myth. dont think its on by default

Cheers!
(2015-11-24, 12:01)janbar Wrote: I didn't know this option exists in mythfrontend. For the addon, just opening the context menu on the recording and choose delete item if you want to delete it.

There are many ways you could delete a recording, but getting a prompt at the end of the recording is a nice solution =) I use it for most of my recordings in MythFrontend. 99% of the recordings I only watch one time. Very convenient to be able to delete it with one button press.
I'll probably just keep using mythfrontend for my recordings and kodi for everything else since I usually save that stuff. Besides, I only use mythtv in the family room anyway so don't need all the kodi features extended to mythtv. But if I do start using kodi for the mythtv recordings, at least it marks it watched and you can see it. In myth the theme I use doesn't indicate something was watched. And I can't change the theme or the WAF goes down down down and I never hear the end of the "why did it change" rant.

I'll just have to play with things and get used to it. This kodi stuff is brand new to me and I just got the nvidia shield tv last week. So still playing with things.

Thanks for the replies.
I always use the delete/save menu in mythfrontend too and also use it for "delete but allow to re-record".

On Kodi, I map a key on the remote to send the delete button so it's only one keypress after the show finishes. This avoids using the context menu which requires around six keypresses to navigate to the delete option.

I use a "flirc dongle" which allows me to use my normal remote control and map what key is sent by each button, but you could probably do it with your existing remote by using the key mapping feature inside Kodi. There's a "keymap editor" addon in the programs section of the addons which may help, otherwise search the wiki for keymaps for a manual way to edit the keymap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prompt to delete at end of recording0