Script suggestions & overview
hi,

i made a summary of the python development and future requests.

python scripts i would like to see (if possible?):

agenda/calendar with notify/warning.
notepad
international tvguide (or one modifyable by changing the url)
dvd ripper (was that done already?)
scrolling rss feed (from multiple urls)
email notify/reply/send

in progress:
interface to mythtv backend (tnx madtw)

currently done:
automatic playlist startup (tnx xsintill)
email notifier (tnx alx5962)
email sender (tnx alx5962)
google news international (tnx alx5962)
hangman (tnx alx5962)
internet checker (tnx alx5962)
shutdown timer (tnx vultilion)
tivocontrol (tnx burriko)

still needed:
good documentation on using python for xbmc
- anyone wants to volunteer?
?

if someone has more suggestions lets hear it.
when i've got the time i'm gonna read some more on using python and try something myself.
i sent a beta version of the documentation to 2 people
after their feedback i will release it
i'm verry happy to see that more people are working on python scripts for xbmc now.

@alx5962 and others

i've readed somewhere that you wanted your python scripts in cvs as is done now with the user_submited.rar file. but the problem is that now more and more scripts are comming out it get's harder to keep them al up to date.
and i think python scripts do not belong in cvs anyway.

what i really like to see is a website that takes care of all these python scripts and where users can download them from like your doing right now with http://www.gueux.net/xbmc-scripts/
this way it would be easier for users to see what scripts are available so they can easily download them.
and yes, this will also take some time to keep all the scripts up to date. but for the end user i think it will be easier.

maybe with some good ideas we could set something up where user can submit there scripts and keep them uptodate?

if you have another idea, please let me know.

darkie...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

maybe we can create a sourceforge site for them?
Thumbs Up 
(alx5962 @ mar. 30 2004,22:53 Wrote:maybe we can create a sourceforge site for them?
i think that's a good idea because then you do get both a cvs and website space too, and it will keep going even if authors quiet Smile
i can (try to) help project admin it if you like but better would be if a python writter like alx5962 handle it, maybe with darkie's assistans?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sourceforge project done Smile
waiting for approval now.

gamester17 when the sf site is up, would it be possible to link it on xbmc site please?

also i may need help in the sf settings so i hope darkie will admin it too
we can use my page too...
just mail me your rar packed script + small description and ill add it.. [email="xbmc@Vultilion.de"]xbmc@Vultilion.de[/email]
Quote:also i may need help in the sf settings so i hope darkie will admin it too
sure, no problem

sf rejected my project  Sad
i think i did everything well and gave a good description of the project...
damn i'm hangry now!!! stupid sf  Angry

and i have tons of emails asking for help, or with very stupid questions that are answered with the included work.
so for now i'm fed up with python as it's no more joy for me to code it. so i guess hangman was my final script, nice to finish with a game.

darkie, if you wish you can put my documentation in the xbmc cvs if you think it deserves it.
(alx5962 @ mar. 31 2004,23:15 Wrote:sf rejected my project  Sad
i think i did everything well and gave a good description of the project...
damn i'm hangry now!!! stupid sf  Angry

and i have tons of emails asking for help, or with very stupid questions that are answered with the included work.
so for now  i'm fed up with python as it's no more joy for me to code it. so i guess hangman was my final script, nice to finish with a game.

darkie, if you wish you can put my documentation in the xbmc cvs if you think it deserves it.
what? forget sf, delete the mails and go on scripting dude. Image
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yeah alx5962, don't stop now youre doing an awsome and inspiring job for the xbmc community with your scripting skills Smile  most things i hear about sf are bad so why not try another free host? here's a pretty well updated and very good comparision table of other fosphost sites. (free/open source project hosting).
/floink
alex don't stop!!

you have inspired so many people and helped so much. just stop including your email address in the docs and ignore support requests that you know other people can help with on the forums.
(alx5962 @ mar. 31 2004,22:15 Wrote:and i have tons of emails asking for help, or with very stupid questions that are answered with the included work.
so for now i'm fed up with python as it's no more joy for me to code it.
after reading the python scripts thread on xbox-scene i'm not surprised you've given up, some of those posts are really stupid (particularly the stmp guy :lolSmile
seriously though, if people are annoying you then just ignore them, it's no reason to give up writing scripts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script suggestions & overview0