Black Screen on Jarvis after I shut off the TV and turn it back on
I have 3 installs of Jarvis, and I went back to the prior version and haven't been seeing this issue.

I am running windows 10. I am running an NVIDIA 640 card with the newest drivers.

When I start up the computer attached to the monitor or TV everything is great.

I then shut off the receiver and the TV. When I turn on the TV and receiver later, the screen is black. I hit keys, it stays black. When I hit alt+tab, The screen returns to show me what is running, and the KODI window is black. When I select the window, half the time it restores and shows the screen, and the other half the time it appears black.

Anyone else seeing this? I saw this on the nightlies, and also saw it on Jarvis Beta 1. At this point, I wanted to see if this was a known issue that others are seeing at all.

Thanks!
I just installed the newest Beta 4. The same issue is happening after I boot, shut off the receiver and the TV. When I turn the receiver and TV back on, the screen is still black. Sometimes I can get the screen to re-appear from the black state by hitting the full screen button "|" which makes it a window, and then again to full screen it.
I uninstalled Beta 4, and reinstalled 15.2 and it is working perfectly fine.
I have the same issue with Nvidia GT 610 on Kodi 16 Beta 5 and Win 10 64 bit. Upgraded from 15.2 were it worked.
After I turn on the TV and Receiver I get the black screen. I can hear the GUI sounds in the background.
I need to press ALT + TAB or windows button to get to desktop and then ALT + TAB back or click on the Kodi icon in the taskbar to get picture back.
Exactly the same. I was hoping in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th beta it would work, but nope. I have a GT640. my \ key also works sometimes to toggle between full and windowed. But what a pain. Definitely destroys the WAF.

(2016-01-14, 18:12)symmetry Wrote: I have the same issue with Nvidia GT 610 on Kodi 16 Beta 5 and Win 10 64 bit. Upgraded from 15.2 were it worked.
After I turn on the TV and Receiver I get the black screen. I can hear the GUI sounds in the background.
I need to press ALT + TAB or windows button to get to desktop and then ALT + TAB back or click on the Kodi icon in the taskbar to get picture back.
Team kodi needs a Debug Log without a Debug Log it is very hard to track down such issues, especially as most drivers with Windows 10 are completely or partly broken. As important the WAF is to you the Debug Log is for us.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Frisch,
It is my first time reporting an issue etc. I wasn't sure if this was something that would need a Debug Log. I will get it for you. As for the driver comment, I would think if it acted this way in both 15 and 16 that would be true, but I guess the move up to the newer version of DirectX could be a wrinkle in it.

(2016-01-14, 23:26)fritsch Wrote: Team kodi needs a Debug Log without a Debug Log it is very hard to track down such issues, especially as most drivers with Windows 10 are completely or partly broken. As important the WAF is to you the Debug Log is for us.
I thought it could be the screen saver at first, but same result with it disabled. Will try to get a Debug Log. Smile
How are you connected to the TV & AVR? Also, are you using HDMI?

When you are turning your TV & AVR off, do you put your PC to sleep?

Sorry for all the questions. But it sounds a bit like the video isn't reposting correctly on a resume from sleep. I suppose it could also be the order you turn things on and off (assuming HDMI). Thus all the questions.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
HDMI - TV to Yamaha Receiver and then to computer. again this works perfect for Kodi 15.2 but fails on Jarvis. I don't put my computer to sleep at all. Always on, and the screen is set to never shut off.

I just recreated it, going to post the log file. the kodi logs program didn't work so will post here in a minute.

(2016-01-15, 16:55)Jogee Wrote: How are you connected to the TV & AVR? Also, are you using HDMI?

Sorry for all the questions. But it sounds a bit like the video isn't reposting correctly on a resume from sleep. I suppose it could also be the order you turn things on and off (assuming HDMI). Thus all the questions.
Frisch, I tried to use the upload log program but it didn't work. here is the Kodi.log posted to Pastebin.com If you need something else, or this isn't what you were looking for, please ask away and I will get it for you!

Thanks for looking into it!

http://pastebin.com/7JLvsYNE

(2016-01-14, 23:26)fritsch Wrote: Team kodi needs a Debug Log without a Debug Log it is very hard to track down such issues, especially as most drivers with Windows 10 are completely or partly broken. As important the WAF is to you the Debug Log is for us.
(2016-01-15, 20:50)gricks Wrote: HDMI - TV to Yamaha Receiver and then to computer. again this works perfect for Kodi 15.2 but fails on Jarvis. I don't put my computer to sleep at all. Always on, and the screen is set to never shut off.

I just recreated it, going to post the log file. the kodi logs program didn't work so will post here in a minute.

(2016-01-15, 16:55)Jogee Wrote: How are you connected to the TV & AVR? Also, are you using HDMI?

I also have a Yamaha receiver. But this does not happen on the PS4 or if Kodi is closed\minimized on the PC.

I have the Debug Log uploaded to pastebin : http://pastebin.com/4DhWFetX
Same with me Jogee. Works for anything other than Kodi

(2016-01-16, 14:13)symmetry Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 20:50)gricks Wrote: HDMI - TV to Yamaha Receiver and then to computer. again this works perfect for Kodi 15.2 but fails on Jarvis. I don't put my computer to sleep at all. Always on, and the screen is set to never shut off.

I also have a Yamaha receiver. But this does not happen on the PS4 or if Kodi is closed\minimized on the PC.

I have the Debug Log uploaded to pastebin : http://pastebin.com/4DhWFetX
Installed Jarvis RC1. Still happening on my side. Fritsch, did you have a chance to look at the log file? Is there anything else you need or would like me to try?
Installed Jarvis RC2 and now RC3. This issue is still happening. Fritsch,have you had a chance to look at my and Symmetry's logs? And is there anything else we can get for you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen on Jarvis after I shut off the TV and turn it back on1