Android Hardware for TV Live
Hello, I'm looking for an Android TV box.
I'm interested to use TV live with IPTV Simple Client.
Could someone tell me which is the main hardware to consider?
RAM? Cpu? Gpu?

Thank you in advance Wink
TV with quality deinterlacing on Android = AMLogic S8xx Box.

An AMLogic Box that works properly with Kodi, with decent Firmware (this is very important):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229161

The AMLogic S812-H is the fastest, most capable of the group. Kodi Sponsors MINIX and WeTek (when its Core is finally released) provide these types of devices with good Firmware.

Stay away from Rockchip and Allwinner.

(2015-11-24, 04:53)wrxtasy Wrote: An AMLogic Box that works properly with Kodi, with decent Firmware (this is very important):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229161

The AMLogic S812-H is the fastest, most capable of the group. Kodi Sponsors MINIX and WeTek (when its Core is finally released) provide these types of devices with good Firmware.

Thank you wrxtasy, it is that I want to know Smile
Just a couple of questions..
There is a real difference between 1gb and 2gb device?
Better s805 + 1gb or s812 + 1gb?
The only S812-H I have played with is the 2GB WeTek Core and its reasonably quick running Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Android KitKat 4.4.4 on an S805 is noticeably slower than the S812-H.

I would normally recommend the MINIX NEO X8-H Plus that runs KitKat, but this box is very shortly to be bettered by the WeTek Core. The Core also does 1080p HD Netflix, plus other DRM video streaming services. None of the other AMLogic or even Rockchip boxes gives you 1080p for DRM video.

Just be aware you need a backend TV server with an attached tuner if you are feeding any AMLogic device over the air Broadcast Live TV.
HDHomeRun devices can do this job. I just use a cheap ODROID C1+ with a usb Tuner + HDD for this purpose.
If its just IPTV then these are not needed.

(2015-11-24, 16:26)wrxtasy Wrote: The only S812-H I have played with is the 2GB WeTek Core and its reasonably quick running Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Android KitKat 4.4.4 on an S805 is noticeably slower than the S812-H.

I would normally recommend the MINIX NEO X8-H Plus that runs KitKat, but this box is very shortly to be bettered by the WeTek Core. The Core also does 1080p HD Netflix, plus other DRM video streaming services. None of the other AMLogic or even Rockchip boxes gives you 1080p for DRM video.

well, which is the WeTek that you are talking about?
about 2gb or 1gb for iptv what do you say?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware for TV Live0