Pointers for checking new Jarvis skin files
Question 
Hi guys,

just finishing up Jarvis support for my skin and would like to know how do we go about checking that the layouts and stuff are correct for the following skin files.
  • DialogAudioDSPManager.xml
  • DialogAudioDSPSettings.xml
  • DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo.xml

That is how do we trigger these files to see that everything looks ok?

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Not tried myself yet but -

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239754
I managed to skin DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo.xml by creating a custom dialog. Look at Confluence for reference - or at Rapier master on Github.

DialogAudioDSPManager.xml can be triggered in the settings -> system -> audio by first enabling ADSP (as far as I remember). Even without any ADSP add-ons, you can still open the window.

I haven't figured out how to skin DialogAudioDSPSettings yet.
(2015-11-24, 09:09)Hitcher Wrote: Not tried myself yet but -

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239754
Doh,

sorry missed that on my search before posting my question. Will give a number of these ideas a try and see if it turns anything up. I guess really if the support is not there in mainline Kodi yet, it is pretty unlikely my users would even notice if my screens where a little hinky.

Thanks once again Hitcher, nice to know you are looking out for us Big Grin

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2015-11-24, 21:07)Gade Wrote: I managed to skin DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo.xml by creating a custom dialog. Look at Confluence for reference - or at Rapier master on Github.

DialogAudioDSPManager.xml can be triggered in the settings -> system -> audio by first enabling ADSP (as far as I remember). Even without any ADSP add-ons, you can still open the window.

I haven't figured out how to skin DialogAudioDSPSettings yet.
Gade,

Will try your idea for RDSInfo. I tend to look over Ronie's shoulder as his and my skin are still coded for 720p, but Confluence usually gets a look as it should always be up to date with the latest changes.

On the ADSP files, I tried to enable ADSP as you mentioned, but Kodi said I had no ADSP addons and helpfully disabled the setting for me. I have based my DialogAudioDSPSettings file on my AddonSettings dialog so this one is probably the least likely to have any problems.

I guess if I go with what I have, even if there is a small problem I can make another skin push in a months time, just in time for the RC's of Jarvis.

Thanks for you sugestions.

Wyrm (AppTV)

(2015-11-25, 08:09)wyrm Wrote: Gade,

Will try your idea for RDSInfo. I tend to look over Ronie's shoulder as his and my skin are still coded for 720p, but Confluence usually gets a look as it should always be up to date with the latest changes.

On the ADSP files, I tried to enable ADSP as you mentioned, but Kodi said I had no ADSP addons and helpfully disabled the setting for me. I have based my DialogAudioDSPSettings file on my AddonSettings dialog so this one is probably the least likely to have any problems.

I guess if I go with what I have, even if there is a small problem I can make another skin push in a months time, just in time for the RC's of Jarvis.

Thanks for you sugestions.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Yeah, Rapier is still 720p as well. I do the same Smile

If you download some of the ADSP add-ons from ronie's post and install manually, you should be able to enable ADSP in the audio settings. You will get a dialog saying that ADSP manager has been enabled without any enabled add-ons (they don't work properly for me), but saying ok to this will leave ADSP switched on. You can then open up DialogAudioDSPManager.xml and skin it.
(2015-11-24, 21:07)Gade Wrote: I haven't figured out how to skin DialogAudioDSPSettings yet.

Once you have an ADSP plugin enabled, you can access DialogAudioDSPSettings in the Audio settings dialog from the Video OSD controls.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Gade (and anyone else following this),

Download the zip listed in Ronie's thread and then copy the various ADSP addons from the addons directory into a beta 2 build will work (after a couple of restarts to allow Kodi to untwist it's knickers). Also as Jurialmunkey mentioned not coded the same as Addon setting screen, but more like video OSD setting dialog.

This has allowed me to spot a couple of problems with my ADSP files, so certainly worth the screwing around. One other gotcha that we skinners should probably be aware of is that there are a number of skin files required by the ADSP addons that look really hinky if you rely on the supplied Confluence defaults. It took me a little while to figure out why things looked messed up when I tried changing setting from the context menu (was the addons skin files, not my settings file I was seeing).

Wyrm

(2015-11-26, 03:14)wyrm Wrote: One other gotcha that we skinners should probably be aware of is that there are a number of skin files required by the ADSP addons that look really hinky if you rely on the supplied Confluence defaults. It took me a little while to figure out why things looked messed up when I tried changing setting from the context menu (was the addons skin files, not my settings file I was seeing).

thanx for the headsup!

i've never noticed the adsp addons included skin files as well.
and you're right, they were made to work with Confluence only.
that's certainly not the way it should be done.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-11-26, 02:42)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 21:07)Gade Wrote: I haven't figured out how to skin DialogAudioDSPSettings yet.

Once you have an ADSP plugin enabled, you can access DialogAudioDSPSettings in the Audio settings dialog from the Video OSD controls.

Perfect! Thanks Smile
Forgive me if this is obvious, but can anyone tell me what the spincontrol (ID 21) in DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo does? The description says "source type" but that doesn't tell me a whole lot.
And what's with all the "blind labels" in Confluence's version? I'm guessing they are used for layout / spacing purposes or something? Or are they filled by Kodi somehow?

If any skinner actually uses this functionality and could provide a screenshot with as much showing as possible that would really help.

Basically I just threw all the labels and values in one grouplist control, I think that should suffice but then again maybe I'm underestimating what goes on in this window.

Also, is it at all possible to use adsp addons on OSX?

Will the adsp related xml's be an official repo requirement?
(2015-11-27, 03:10)Jeroen Wrote: Forgive me if this is obvious, but can anyone tell me what the spincontrol (ID 21) in DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo does? The description says "source type" but that doesn't tell me a whole lot.
it's used to select what piece of info will be shown in the textbox (id="22")
looking at the sourcecode, these pieces of info are supported:
  • News
  • Local News
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Lottery
  • Stock
  • Other
  • Cinema
  • Horoscope

(2015-11-27, 03:10)Jeroen Wrote: And what's with all the "blind labels" in Confluence's version? I'm guessing they are used for layout / spacing purposes or something? Or are they filled by Kodi somehow?
nope, those don't have an id, so can't be filled by kodi.
i guess it's just used for spacing indeed.

(2015-11-27, 03:10)Jeroen Wrote: If any skinner actually uses this functionality and could provide a screenshot with as much showing as possible that would really help.
the only one i've seen is the one on the ticket

(2015-11-27, 03:10)Jeroen Wrote: Basically I just threw all the labels and values in one grouplist control, I think that should suffice but then again maybe I'm underestimating what goes on in this window.
yup, what i did as well. i have the feeling the one in Confluence is overly complicated with much code duplication.

(2015-11-27, 03:10)Jeroen Wrote: Will the adsp related xml's be an official repo requirement?
it's part of pvr, and pvr has never been mandatory.
for future reference, i try to keep this list up-to-date:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_rules#Optional_support
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cheers ronie, that's very helpful
For reference, I made this DialogPVRRadioRDSInfo.xml file:

All labels are of course hidden when empty.
Starting tomorrow nightlies will have adsp addons (except android)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pointers for checking new Jarvis skin files0