Linux Can't play ISOs, Kodi 15.2
I am having trouble playing DVD ISOs. Here is my system:

Ubuntu 15.10 - uname -a is as follows:
4.2.0-16-generic #19-UBUNTU SMP Thu Oct 8 14:46:51 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Kodi 15.2, default skin ("confluence")

Hardware:

Asus P5GC MX/1333 micro ATX, 3.0 GHz processor (dual core 32-bit IIRC, 65W TDP)
4 GB RAM, 320 GB SATA drive
using onboard video (for now)
OCZ Mod X-Stream Pro 600W PSU, low hours, good condition

How to reproduce problem:

When clicking on an ISO, there is a long delay before the computer responds that "one or more video elements could not be played. Please check the log".

NOTES:
1. Some of those Intel-based boards could have twice as much RAM as commonly advertised, including this one. Even if only 3.4 GB is visible.
2. The ISO I have ("CHiPS_Season_2_Disc_2.iso") was made with DVD Decrypter and IMGBURN. I believe it was made correctly, but I'm not sure.
3. The motherboard is in good condition. (I have a second identical board with bloated capacitors; I'll solder new low-ESR caps into that in the future.)
4. DVDs play just fine, including menus, from the DVD-RW drive, in Totem (I assume sound is okay; I haven't hooked up speakers yet).
5. I think I downloaded the 32-bit Ubuntu ISO, because I believe this is only a 32-bit CPU.
6. After ISOs play successfully, I would like to put in a dedicated video card and passive CPU cooler.

NOTE: Please ignore the stuff in the pastebin log about "CHiPS-UDF-version-1.02.iso". That ISO might be faulty, I don't know. So you can ignore the last one-third of the log.

HERE is the log:

Pastebin-log-11-24-15

Can anyone tell me what I should try next?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play ISOs, Kodi 15.20