ListItem and VideoPlayer
I am wondering if this is possible, and if so, maybe point me in the right direction. While playing a video of a pvr recording I would like to add some info to the osd. I know I can get some information from then videoplayer controls, but I would like to be able to display some of the info displayed in my Listitem used before starting the player that are not in player info.

Thanks
what specific info do you want to display?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The date it was recorded, channel it was on and the original air times. Stuff like that. I get it fine on my recording page, but would like to put that on the osd if possible.
I guess it's not possible then. They made plot available with Jarvis. Does anyone know if there are plans to bring other pvr info into the videoplayer control? I'd like to see genre, episode and season added , along with air date and channel it was on.
Do you want to display ListItem information during playback?
(2015-11-29, 21:53)finalmakerr Wrote: Do you want to display ListItem information during playback?

Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to do.
I am using that method for displaying genre on seasons/episodes views or rating / genre when using the TVshows widget etc..

What you need is first to capture the required info into a property.
You can use the on click for widget / onfocus with an hidden button for MyVideoNav.xml.

You should use $VAR[] in your video information window.

You may also want to clear property when the video stop.
(2015-11-29, 22:32)finalmakerr Wrote: I am using that method for displaying genre on seasons/episodes views or rating / genre when using the TVshows widget etc..

What you need is first to capture the required info into a property.
You can use the on click for widget / onfocus with an hidden button for MyVideoNav.xml.

You should use $VAR[] in your video information window.

You may also want to clear property when the video stop.

Thank you. I am not real familiar with all your talking about, but I'll do some reading and see what I can come up with.
Here something to start with:

setProperty onfocus
Code:
<control type="panel" id="57">
  <focusedlayout...
    <control type="button" description="hidden">
                  <onfocus condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre)">AlarmClock(ListItemYear,SetProperty(fishersman_Genre, $INFO[ListItem.Genre], home),00:03,silent)</onfocus>
                  <visible>false</visible>
                </control>

$VAR for viewPropery
Code:
<variable name="TopVideoInformation6" description="סגנון">
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(DialogFullScreenInfo.xml) + !IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Genre)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Genre]</value>
    <value condition="Window.IsVisible(DialogFullScreenInfo.xml) + !IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(fishersman_Genre)">$INFO[Window(home).Property(fishersman_Genre)]</value>

Display your result
Code:
<control type="label" id="1106" description="Genre">
            <label>$VAR[TopVideoInformation6]</label>
         </control>
That all makes perfect sense. I had thought a VAR might work, I just didn't know how to pass the info to it.

Thanks and happy holidays!!!
I have run into a little problem here and need an explanation. Maybe someone can help. I went to my recording list and a listitem.season or listitem.episode returns nothing. Listitem.genre returns other/none. If I look at my list of timers, these all return the values I'm looking for. Why is it missing from the recordings?

Also, If I look at my actual recording folders, there is an xml file for each episode that has all this info. Is there anyway to query the individual xml and extract what I want for each recording?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem and VideoPlayer0