Windows Only options under $150
(2015-11-26, 04:24)nickr Wrote: Why on earth would usb3 be a requirement? Usb2 is faster than any media files need.
To plug in an external HD or Flash drive mostly. I think most people would prefer the USB 3 speeds for transferring files etc. Yes it may not be necessary for watching movies but a little future proofing is never a bad thing. I ended up ordering the Revo earlier, it has everything i was looking for. Lets hope it works well.
(2015-11-26, 03:19)DrowningApe Wrote: Okay, so I ordered it this morning and it arrived just now with the Acer box obviously having been opened, and it did not power on when plugged in. I'm doing an RMA with Amazon, so we'll try again on friday when the next one comes. It has a single easily accessible ram slot on the bottom, so any extra ram with be the total you can use.
Looking at the questions on Amazon, someone asked:
"Is the strorage emmc or sata? Is it replaceable?"
Answer:
This model appears to use eMMC for the hard drive. Answered By Acer Service Team.

Did you happen to crack open the top of the case to see if anything was attached to the Sata cables seen in a couple of the youtube vids?
Id be curious if we did add an SSD down the road, if you would be able to choose it as the boot drive. Looks like maybe we might want to start a separate Acer Revo Build thread once we are both up and running. Mine will be here Friday as well.
I didn't pop the top. The manual was missing, so I didn't know how to open the top of the enclosure without damaging it. I assume Amazon is shipping it from the Tracy CA warehouse since it came so quickly. That means I'll see tomorrow if these are all open box crap, or if I just got a dud.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Only options under $1500