New music videos won't show genres
Just added 5 new music videos to my library & created NFOs for them the exact same way as all the rest in my collection...I have my music video shortcut set up to bring up the list of genres, which is how I prefer to sort them.....At 1st I thought they were never added to the library, but then I noticed they were there if I searched by artist, but for some reason the year, title are showing but not the genre..now I'm anxious every time I add new music videos in the future I will run into this problem....Any ideas??

Thanks,
Steve
I guess first thing is "was the nfo actually used" and not a scraper (not sure if any scraper actually works though)? You can test this by going to one of the MVs in question and open the info dialog, then do a "reload". If there is a valid nfo you should get a popup that locally stored info was found do you want to use yes/no.

So if the nfo is there and is seen by Kodi, the next thing would be to open it in a text editor and verify that there isn't a mistake in the <genre> tag.

scott s.
(2015-11-26, 01:02)scott967 Wrote: I guess first thing is "was the nfo actually used" and not a scraper (not sure if any scraper actually works though)? You can test this by going to one of the MVs in question and open the info dialog, then do a "reload". If there is a valid nfo you should get a popup that locally stored info was found do you want to use yes/no.

So if the nfo is there and is seen by Kodi, the next thing would be to open it in a text editor and verify that there isn't a mistake in the <genre> tag.

scott s.

Thanks once again for your response

Yep, all the other fields showed up the same way I wrote them...and I double checked all videos NFOs & compared them side by side to others, they all checked out....I did just hit the I on the videos, i hit "refresh" as the button says in Titan, which caused the genre to show on all of them & they now show up in their genres list..Why did I have to do this though? Shouldn't "clean up library" and "update library" be enough ? I am dreading having to do that every time I want to add new videos..sure there's some explanation ??

Steve
(2015-11-26, 06:07)stevaside Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 01:02)scott967 Wrote: I guess first thing is "was the nfo actually used" and not a scraper (not sure if any scraper actually works though)? You can test this by going to one of the MVs in question and open the info dialog, then do a "reload". If there is a valid nfo you should get a popup that locally stored info was found do you want to use yes/no.

scott s.

Yep, all the other fields showed up the same way I wrote them...and I double checked all videos NFOs & compared them side by side to others, they all checked out....I did just hit the I on the videos, i hit "refresh" as the button says in Titan, which caused the genre to show on all of them & they now show up in their genres list..Why did I have to do this though? Shouldn't "clean up library" and "update library" be enough ? I am dreading having to do that every time I want to add new videos..sure there's some explanation ??

Steve

Don't know what went wrong the first time, but I don't think update library or clean library will ever fix it. The only way I think (without eg setting content=none on entire source) is either to refresh individual entries, or remove files from the source folder tree, do an update/clean, then replace the files and update again.

I guess another possible question is if the genres that you are adding are not previously used on existing MVs?

scott s.
(2015-11-27, 00:30)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-11-26, 06:07)stevaside Wrote:

scott s.

Steve

Don't know what went wrong the first time, but I don't think update library or clean library will ever fix it. The only way I think (without eg setting content=none on entire source) is either to refresh individual entries, or remove files from the source folder tree, do an update/clean, then replace the files and update again.

I guess another possible question is if the genres that you are adding are not previously used on existing MVs?

scott s.

I was going to remove source for all videos & add again, but will I really have to do that or referesh each video individually every time I add one to get the genre showing?! Thats kinda lame

& no, same genre I've had for a while

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New music videos won't show genres0