cleanonupdate setting ignored
System Info:

Linux version: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
Kodi version: 15.1
Kodi install method: installed via installing kodibuntu
Hardware: x86_64
Git revision: Kodi 15.1 Git: d496682 (Compiled Aug 16 2015)
Link to debug log (restarted the device in order to capture start-up events): http://xbmclogs.com/pedubv02j

Problem:

For some reason Kodi will ALWAYS do a library clean after scanning for new content.

I understand that the cleanonupdate setting defaults to false (off) if no setting is specified in advancedsettings.xml but Kodi still always does a clean. So I explicitly added
Code:
<cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate>
to advancedsettings.xml file, but Kodi still seems to be ignoring it.

advancedsettings.xml file is sitting in ~/.kodi/userdata. Contents (this is the entire contents of the file, no other settings specified; also, I cut/paste this here for accuracy):

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

The advancedsettings.xml file is named properly, and all xml is in lower-case.

Thanks for any help.

*Edit: moved required system-info to top of post and added more detail.
Bumping for visibility. Has anyone run into this problem before?
Code:
19:27:47 T:139811025307392  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:08
19:27:47 T:139811025307392   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
19:27:47 T:139811025307392   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished

Code:
19:27:55 T:139811165533952  NOTICE: service.libraryautoupdate-0.9.8 : Cleaning Database

Disable/uninstall that.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction menakite. I didn't want to disable the Library Auto-Update add-on (I do want periodic automatic updates of my library), but I did find that the auto-update add-on has a setting which turns cleaning on and off. In all my attempts to inspect my system settings, I didn't notice this particular setting (or I completely forgot it existed).

For anyone else having the same difficulty I had turning off cleaning: If you have the XBMC Library Auto Update add-on installed, check here:

-> System
-> Add-ons
-> My add-ons
-> Program add-ons
-> find XBMC Library Auto Update and right-click (or hit <C> on keyboard)
-> select "Configure"
-> select "Cleaning" tab
-> clear the "Clean Libraries" radio-button

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cleanonupdate setting ignored0