Solved Start Kodi when SQL db/smb shares not accessible
Hello everyone Smile

I recently got a tablet (Lenovo Tab2 A8-50L) with android 5.1. Kodi 15.2 runs very well on it and I managed to get it connected to my SQL DB and all my smb shares while in my home wifi.

Now I'd also like to use Kodi away from home with no access to my server just for playing videos I store on the tablet itself. Problem is Kodi doesn't even start when an SQL DB is configured but not found. Is there any way to do this?

On my Laptop I managed this by starting Kodi with the parameter "-p" while I'm away from home which started the portable version with a different non-sql-config. Bit crude but it worked Smile

Cheers
SM
I seem to be the only one with this problem, but just in case there are others: I'm going to try a workaround similar to the one I use in windows by using two separate instances of kodi like this.

If anyone has a better idea please let me know.

@devs: Maybe in a future version some sort of timeout could be implemented with a warning "Shares and/or SQL DB not found. [Retry] [Start offline]"

Cheers
SM
Try setting default profile to not use mysql, and another profile to use mysql.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I can confirm that @nickr's suggestion works fine. I have three profiles on my Kodi tablet installation.

1) Home - for use obviously when I'm on my home network, using MySQL database stored on my local NAS drive.
2) WebDAV - for remote access back to said NAS via WebDAV, but using a database stored on the tablet (also for use with things like iPlayer via VPN).
3) Offline - for use with locally stored files on the SD card in the tablet. Using local database.

Works fine for me in all cases. There is a fourth profile (the default master one) which is basically unused and which does not use MySQL or anything that may access the internet (it has no add-ons or sources set up).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks you two. I've never used profiles before so this idea has completely slipped my mind Blush

Cheers
SM
Just to add that you need to have the default profile the non mysql one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Alternatively just install spmc and use that when not connecting to mysql.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start Kodi when SQL db/smb shares not accessible0