Bug Move To folder - files gone if I cancel process
Hi

I cancel a process of moving movies to specific folder in the Media File Manager
And then I force quit the Ember program because it continue to move the next movie in the queue..

Now I can't find some of my movies it seems to be gone for good..

Where is the temp folder that Ember uses so I can recover?

I think this is a dangerous bug.

===

Never mind I found it somewhere else
Hi

I've checked the code and found no situation, that will remove a file or folder that is not fully moved to the destination.

It should be all right. ;-)
(2015-11-25, 12:10)DanCooper Wrote: Hi

I've checked the code and found no situation, that will remove a file or folder that is not fully moved to the destination.

It should be all right. ;-)

yeah i thought it was at another location,
but just recheck the settings and found it somewhere else..

It gave me a scare though...

===

how does it do a move?

Does it copy the file into RAM, move the copy from RAM to location
Verify file CRC is correct
Then delete old file?

===
We use the .NET library for this. I think it's the same way that Windows use for it.
For moving on the same drive we can move the complete directory in less than 1 second.
For moving to another drive we have to create the directories and move each file. In this case we have to delete all FOLDERS in old source, but we always check that is no file and no folder inside the directories. So that should be save in all situations. We don't do a CRC check, i hope that .NET do that :-)

MemoryStream copy is disable long time ago. In 99% of cases it do not make sense to load it to memory stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move To folder - files gone if I cancel process0