MPEGTS stream
I am trying to view an mpegts stream from a MediaPortal tv server on Raspberry PI 2 but the video is scrambled.
current setup:
Client (does not work): Raspberry PI 2, Kodi 15.2, valid MPEG-2 and VC-1license key's, MediaPortal addon. video scrambled.
Client (works): Windows 7, Kodi 15.2, Mediaportal addon. confirmed working.
TV Server: MediaPortal, version 1.12.0.0., DVB-IP configured, confirmed working via MediaPortal client.
Transcoder: VODServer, configured to accept input from Foscam FI8905W ip-camera. confirmed working
When I request the view of the channel via Kodi on windows, it correctly displays it. (LAV codes has been installed...)
When I request the view of the channel via Kodi on Raspberry PI, it displays a scrambled video. Incorrect codecs?
Do I need to install additional codecs on the PI, and if so how do I do this.
I can send Kodi logs, but there are no errors for PVR channel request.
Thanks
Anyone?
Are you looking at a generic Kodi log or have you turned on debug logging?

mpeg-2 streams play perfectly on my MythTV addon. Perhaps your MP backend is not providing a valid mpeg-2 stream to the addon.

You may get additional eyeballs on your problem in the PVR/MediaPortal subforum.
Thank you for the reply.
I have turned on debug logging.
The MP backend provides the same stream to KODI's running on windows (which runs fine) as the KODI running on PI (does not run).
I will try the PVR/MediaPortal subforum.
Thanks
Have you tried both OMX and MMAL hardware acceleration? (They are options in Settings - though you may have to enable Expert or Advanced to see them)
Yes, I have both OMX and MMAL hardware acceleration enabled. But that is for video, will those setting also apply to a tv stream?
(2015-12-03, 22:06)GNLee Wrote: Yes, I have both OMX and MMAL hardware acceleration enabled. But that is for video, will those setting also apply to a tv stream?

Yep - TV Is video. Only select one acceleration type at a time and see what happens (rather than both)
Disabling OMX and MMAL allows that one specific channel to play correctly!, but the other (OTA) channels coming from the MediaPortal Server are now too slow. Is there a way to turn off acceleration to individual channels?
Thanks noggin for your help!
I noticed that on the Windows KODI (all channels, OTA and IP Camera streams, play perfectly) the hardware acceleration is using "DXVA2". Is this something I could add to the PI?
(2015-12-03, 23:30)GNLee Wrote: Disabling OMX and MMAL allows that one specific channel to play correctly!, but the other (OTA) channels coming from the MediaPortal Server are now too slow. Is there a way to turn off acceleration to individual channels?
Thanks noggin for your help!

If you disable both OMX and MMAL you are using CPU decode only. My suggestion was to try OMX only or MMAL only with each stream to see if there was a pattern.
(2015-12-03, 23:34)GNLee Wrote: I noticed that on the Windows KODI (all channels, OTA and IP Camera streams, play perfectly) the hardware acceleration is using "DXVA2". Is this something I could add to the PI?

DXVA2 is a part of Windows.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried all variations of OMX & MMAL (off&on, on&off, off&off, on&on) and the only situation that worked with the IP Camera was both off.
Is there another option for acceleration for PI?
Upload your debug log somewhere and provide a link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPEGTS stream0