Foreign TV Show not found
Hi, I use tvdatabase.org for scraping TV Shows. I have a French TV Show called Central Nuit. This show can be found on on tvdatabase.org, but does not show up in KODI. Can anyone tell me why that is?

Christopher
I can't find "tvdatabase.org" - indeed, the domain isn't even registered. So I'm presuming something's not right there...

If you mean thetvdb.com, then I can find it here and on IMDb under the English name here.

First thing, then, is check your scraper: what scraper, what language (e.g. en vs fr).

After that, we need a debug log (wiki) to see what you're looking for and what's being returned from your chosen scraper source.
Sorry, yes that is the one I am using Blush

I am using th scraper called The TVDB and language is set to "en", which I assume means English.

The show I wish to add can be found here: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...881&lid=17

The folder structure and file naming is the same one I have used for all other TV shows (more than 1000 ripped DVDs). This is the only non-Bluray show I have had any trouble with, even obscure Scandinavian series have imported without any issues.

I really cannot see why this one should be any different, except for episode names which have accents and diaereses in them. Could that be the issue? The show's folder shows up in the Files section under Videos (in the TV Shows subcategory), but KODI doesn't seem able to find any information on the show, so the show doesn't show up in the TV Shows category of the main menu bar. Huh

Christopher
Then that debug log (wiki) would be useful, as it will show what you're scanning and what the remote database is returning in response to your query.
Okay, for what it's worth... I created a stub of "Central Nuit" and no, it's not found.

Querying thetvdb.com API directly, it returns nothing:

http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...ral%20Nuit

However, specifying the language, and it shows up:

http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?ser...anguage=fr

QED Kodi needs to pass the language over when it scans.

When scanning it in, I couldn't find a way to force it to FR (e.g. you can't change the name to "Central Nuit (fr)"). However, going into the addon settings for that source, you can select a new language there. Change this to FR and re-scan, and Central Nuit immediately appeared in my library.

I then changed the scraper back to EN (my default), and added a fake episode (Central Nuit - 1x01.mkv). I then scanned for new content, and it was found and inserted into the library as "Nuit de chien".

So there's your answer... the addon needs the language settings to know where to look for the series initially; however, once it's found it, it doesn't need that language again, so you can change it and add episodes as normal.
Thanks a lot, I'll give this a try! Smile

Still, why does it not like French TV shows, but finds Norwegian shows without problems? Huh
I suspect the Norwegian ones are tagged in thetvdb as EN - give me the name of one, and I'll look (or just search thetvdb - if it shows up in a default search, you're searching the English database so that's how it must be tagged).
I think you are right, although the titles of the shows are kept in Norwegian, the synopses are in English.

Succeed with getting the French show imported, thanks!!
One other show I am having trouble with, the original BBC series "House of Cards" from 1990. I have named my folder 'House of Cards (1990)', with three subfolders, one fore each of the three seasons . In each season folder are two subfolders, one containing the two first episodes of the season, one containing the two last (according to both my original DVDs and TVDB there are only four episodes per season).

This is how I have structured and labelled my entire DVD collection (3000+ DVDs), and it has worked for 99,95 % (rough estimate), so the approach must be basically sound. But a few stubborn shows remain....

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Huh
Mine is simply labelled "House of Cards", and it scrapes fine. I have three subfolders below that - names aren't important - with four episodes in each: House of Cards - 1x01 ... all the way to House of Cards - 3x04.

Try losing the "(1990)" - adding the year works for films from IMDb, but not television from thetvdb unless it's explicitly part of the series name (e.g. "House of Cards (2013)" as an alias for "House of Cards (US)").
Thanks, that worked!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foreign TV Show not found0