v15 No connection between Amazon stick kodi and laptop using local network
Hi all,
I have an Amazon stick with Kodi 15.2 installed on it and I mainly use this setup to stream movies stored on my laptop to my t.v. over SMB so I can browse movies on my laptop and watch them.

However, a couple of days ago I had a problem with my ISP and my internet connection is now temporarily suspended but my wifi router is still functioning and creating a network (local not internet) that can be detected by both my laptop and my amazon stick but of course with no internet access.

What I understand is that the connection between the laptop and kodi on the stick should be kind of a local network that doesn't utilize or need internet access, nevertheless and since my internet got suspended, I can't stream movies now from the laptop to the stick and the connection is always out.

Could anyone help with fixing this? Or at least help me understanding why it's happening although logically it shouldn't?

Thank you very much.

Nader
I am not sure what does having no replies mean exactly?
Is it a very dump question that no one cares to answer or a very difficult or rare situation that no one faced!?
Undoubtedly the latter. Never heard of this one. Your network runs through the router's LAN and should not be dependent upon a WAN connection. What router do you have?
Do you have a share folder in the laptop and permission to access it?
Thanks both for your replies

@sktn77a , the router I use currently is Huwaei and it works perfectly normal once internet is available.

@cd2022 I have a share folder in the laptop and i can share its contents normally once the internet is available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No connection between Amazon stick kodi and laptop using local network0