OSD Unresponsive
So this problem has been going on for a while now. I'm currently running the latest Jarvis beta, but this issue has been going on since upgrading to Isengard, I've been having some issue with the on-screen display while watching videos (in both Confluence and Aeon Nox, so I don't think it's skin-related). For instance:
- Start a streaming video (such as YouTube), the "working..." box pops up in the corner like usual as it loads the video, but then it stops moving and just stays there while the video plays. Sometimes it's 30 seconds, sometimes it simply doesn't go away. It varies. Remote control commands don't work while it's there. However, I can still pause/stop if I use the remote app on my Android tablet.

- Watching a local video (such as a TV episode or movie) and trying to bring up one of the OSD menus, like time remaining or getting to the audio options, and it doesn't respond to the input sometimes. It just doesn't come up, or maybe it comes up half a minute later. Or if I skip ahead in the video, the small OSD with the time doesn't go away after skipping.

Has anybody else had similar issues? Is there a simple solution I'm missing? If I simply restart Kodi, everything works perfectly again, at least for a while. If it's running for a few hours, the symptoms start up again. I really don't want to do a clean installation of Kodi if I don't have to, since I've got everything set up exactly how I like it.

EDIT: Here's a debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/rev/poh4nqh9x
I encountered the problem in this instance by watching a video with the YouTube plugin, but the symptoms are identical regardless of the source, although it is more of an issue with streaming sources than local ones.
I didn't see a lot of issues with the debug, but when I see this ERROR: Error reading joystick map element, Invalid id: 0 and knowing others had issue with various input devices, perhaps temp disable or pull it out if there is one.

You have a lot of scripts etc working in the background, some of this takes a lot of horsepower and some add-on have yet to make the move to 16. The best approach would be while viewing using the OSD 'keybaord o' command to look for bottle necks or cpu/gpu threshold. I would be tempted to disable temporarily all the extraneous add-ons, to see if that brings the system around, then enable one by one.... You are on the cusp of the leading edge 16.2 beta, with issues I might suggest a Kodi stable version until you nail down what ails.
I'll give it a shot on disabling some of the extraneous add-ons. I don't think it's related to being on the beta though since it was a problem that's been going since Isengard. I've been thinking it might be due to something getting screwy since I've basically had the same install since Gotham and have done in-place upgrades each time. A fresh install will probably be the direction I eventually go if I don't get it figured out. I just thought I'd check here first to see if there was some simple known reason for that particular problem.

Thanks for taking a look, though. I appreciate it.
Hey, Neo. Did you ever find a solution for this? I've been having somewhat similar issues since moving to Isengard where Helix was rock solid. On mine, while watching a movie it will sometimes stop responding to remote commands completely. Remote commands to other components in the system work fine. If I just let the movie play for a while then it will free up and start responding to commands again after about 5 minutes. I can Alt-Tab out to the OS without issue and everything is running fine outside of KODI. Also, the OSD that's up while a movie is paused can take a long time to go away and this gets worse the longer the system is up. It acts like a background process has got the app buried, but the CPU/GPU are operating well below threshold levels. Like you, a restart brings everything back to normal, but the problem comes back after a day or two of uptime. I would just shut KODI down when I'm not using it but this machine is the UPnP server for the rest of the house. I'm running 15.2 under Win 8.1 with Aeon MQ and the OS, BIOS and drivers are all up to date. MQ does install a pile of add-ons, so I'll look at disabling some of those to see if it helps.

I'm considering a clean install of KODI but with this being the UPnP server for four other systems that wouldn't be my first choice.
I found a solution in one of the other threads someone posted with the same problems. Turns out all I had to do was disable v-sync in the system options. After dealing with this problem for ages and even doing a fresh install recently, I can't believe it was that simple.

I've heard that enabling v-sync also works. It's the auto-switching v-sync that seems to be the problem.
Really? Well, I would never have guessed that was the issue. I'll change v-sync and give it a try. Thanks for the information!
I started getting tearing issues in SD video after I turned v-sync off in KODI, but I found a setting for my graphics card to turn it on there. I've only tested a couple of movies but that seems to have resolved the tearing. Now to give it a couple of days and see if the main issue is resolved. Thanks again!
Information 
I started to get this problem that when i started a movie or tv-show the OSD froze but the video continued to play, sometimes it got unstuck sfter a minute or so but other times i had to force close kodi and try again.
That aws about 1 week ago, yesterday i updated the nvidia drivers for my htpc graphics card and *poof* it works perfect again! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD Unresponsive0