RASPBERRY PI ZERO: THE $5 COMPUTER
Raspberry Pi Zero

A Broadcom BCM2835 application processor
1GHz ARM11 core (40% faster than Raspberry Pi 1)
512MB of LPDDR2 SDRAM
A micro-SD card slot
A mini-HDMI socket for 1080p60 video output
Micro-USB sockets for data and power
An unpopulated 40-pin GPIO header
Identical pinout to Model A+/B+/2B
An unpopulated composite video header
Our smallest ever form factor, at 65mm x 30mm x 5mm

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Nice!!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Yep - thread here too : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=249649

Effectively it's a Model A+ with 512MB instead of 256MB of RAM, processor speced to run at 1GHz (presumably they are being chosen so that they are guaranteed to overclock?), smaller form factor, and without the camera and display connectors or the A/V jacks (though composite analogue video, but not analogue audio, is available if you had a two pin header) You can solder in a 40 pin Pi A+/B+ compatible header if you want - which should mean I2S DACs will work?

It looks amazing, and is being distributed free on the cover of UK Editions of Mag Pi (good luck finding one - they are selling out everywhere!)

Really smart move using USB OTG to get the thickness down, as smartphones and tablets have meant USB OTG hubs, Ethernet adaptors etc. are available at quite low cost should you need them, as are OTG cables.

And the board only draws 160mA (so at 5V around 800mW/0.8W) when running - so is great for low power applications.

Best of all - it's got decent software support. And a thriving ecosystem.

With a uSD Card, a mobile phone charger and a Mini HDMI to HDMI cable or adaptor, you can have Kodi running with CEC remote control via your TV over HDMI playing content from USB storage via an OTG cable, or from the uSD card if you only need a relatively small amount of media.
deleted - question already answered in other thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RASPBERRY PI ZERO: THE $5 COMPUTER0