v15 Many crashes with v15.2
Here is the problem I meet :

1. Version of Kodi : Kodi (15.2 Git:20151019-02e7013). Platform: Windows NT x86 32-bit
2. Windows Version : 7
3. CPU/Architecture i5 64bits
4. RAM amount 16Gb
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem :
I have many crash, but the easier way (and logs given correspond to that) is to play a movie and move the play time by taking and changing the barre time with the mouse.

kodi.old.log : http://xbmclogs.com/pwroxhlis
kodi.log : http://xbmclogs.com/pi21k3pr1

kodi log uploader crash also as I guess he can't find a crash.log file.
But I have many xbmc_crashlog-15.2 Git_20151019-02e7013-20151126-xxx.dmp and xbmc_stacktrace-15.2 Git_20151019-02e7013-20151126-xxx.txt files in my log file directory.

Please tell me if my post is not complete or appropriate. I can give more information if needed.
Hi,
I noticed you run a x86 OS with 16 gb of ram.
Everyting above around 4gb is rendered useless by the architecture.
I would either install a x64 version that would handle memory properly or swap out the ram for one or two modules that total 4gb. The latter might be easiest since price is very low if you don't have it lying around..
Thanks for the answer.
But what? There is a windows 64 bits version?
I don't find it, I just found on wiki: "Kodi for Windows runs natively on Windows Vista and higher. It is a 32-bit application but runs on 64-bit Windows and hardware as well"
And going down to 4GB of memory on my computer is not possible, as this computer is not dedicate to kodi...
Kodi probably should be OK if limited to ~3GB but unless you are running another other operating systems that is 64bit you are wasting that memory since Windows x86 can only use up to 4GB of memory.
There is no 64bit version of Kodi yet, but for Kodi it shouldn't be needed right now. With a 64bit Windows you do get the benefit of being able to use 4GB fully for Kodi as well as use the rest for everything else. With a 32bit windows everything has to fit in 4GB (~3GB in practice since video also requires a bit of that 4GB limit).
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Your Windows 7 is 32 bit. This means that even though you have 16GB of RAM, 32 bit will only be able to use 4GB of it. A little under that actually. The other 12GB of RAM are useless. You can confirm this by right click on 'computer' and select properties. At the top you will see how much RAM is being used. Your CPU and motherboard are capable of running a 64 bit architecture.

The only way to use ALL your memory is to upgrade to a 64 bit version of Windows. Then you will be able to utilize ALL your installed RAM and in turn KODI will be able to use it too. In reality, KODI will only use up to 4GB of RAM now that it is not being shared by the system. That can be using the other 12GB. This may or may not remedy your "Crash" but it would certainly help imo.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many crashes with v15.20