Win Kodi wont Stream to Smart tv (dlna)
Hello, i am new here and please if you can help me with an problem i am having.
so i just start using kodi and i cannot stream an movie or tv show episode to my smart tv lg.(tv does support dlna)
when i click play using "my smart tv" its give me this error: "one or more items failed to play"
and i do have currect setting: UPnP/DLNA all marked, Zeroconf marked, Airplay marked.
i dont know wheres the problem.!
up?
I dont think thats how it works. I think you should be on your smart TV browsing the DLNA stuff looking for your Kodi instance and starting them from there. Thats how I have done mine when testing

Cheers!
Hello,
I am having the same issue as Soulvvar. I have a Sony Smart TV and I cannot stream from Kodi to TV. I get the same message as Soulvvar. Wyild1, I do not know if my TV uses DLNA or UPNP but it is checked in KODI system. Can you elaborate on your response to Soulvvar. I am not understanding what else needs to be done.
if i go to smartshare and select a movie its says "file not supported" why?
It's a bit hard to tell what exactly it is you are trying to accomplish. But the way dlna normally works is that you set up you server which could be kodi or emby or windows media player or ps3 media server. Next you go to the device you to show the video, like your TV or phone or tablet. On Sony tvs you open the general meny pick the item that says media or media servers, the it will start to scan you network and find any type of content providers on your network.then you pick the one with content you want and go from there.

You can't send content from kodi to be played on your tvs internal player, but I do know that windows media player is capable of detecting external players, but this is not the idea behind kodi.
The idea is to have kodis menu system directly on the TV taking care of both presenting and playing the content. That is where it shines the most.

I have an almost brand new Sony TV 2014 model. And the dlna function in that works but it tedius, slow, has limited info on the video and a limited file support. Where as kodi on a simple htpc does all that perfectly and more.
VortexDK thank you for your reply, i used popcorn time before kodi, and the dlna was perfect just 2 click and it would stream the movie to my tv.
but when i try to do it on kodi its show up an error "playback failed, one or more items failed to play" or it just make the tv play on my pc when i specifically click on "play using" tv.
i just cant find the reason why it not playing on my tv.
can you please help me find the reason?
will it help if i will upload the of the kodi.log so you can see?
Vortexdk you are plain wrong. With dlna you can use context menu on kodi and play to the tv. However the tv has to support the codecs and container of your file. Most tvs are limited in what containers and codecs they support.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A debug log is always good and should be a part of any question, follow the guide on the wiki to make sure it contains the proper info and is uploaded the right place.

OK didn't know you could select " play using " from the context menu, but I haven't really looked for that option either. Then the problem seams to be in the codec support on the tv, can you try playing a few files with different codecs and different containers like mkv avi mp4 m4a, to see what is supported.
Or look at your TV's manual!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My friend I have the same problem as you and unfortunately its the brand and year of your samsung tv its cheap I have one and as far as I am concerned its garbage you cant do shit on it with kodi and even the applications are garbage no android built in throw it out and buy a new one I am going too
(2017-04-25, 01:28)jhelmer1 Wrote: My friend I have the same problem as you and unfortunately its the brand and year of your samsung tv its cheap I have one and as far as I am concerned its garbage you cant do shit on it with kodi and even the applications are garbage no android built in throw it out and buy a new one I am going too
don't listen to this crap. Plug your kodi machine into the tv via hdmi and all will be well.
(2017-04-25, 03:07)nickr Wrote: don't listen to this crap. Plug your kodi machine into the tv via hdmi and all will be well.
This ^^
hdmi as said youll be sweet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi wont Stream to Smart tv (dlna)0