New install - No Live TV option
(2015-11-29, 10:33)wrxtasy Wrote: @ylafont

I use Noggin's little mini guide when setting up new TvHeadend servers:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1929846

wrxtasy - thank you for the link, at least it verifies my steps. All good - Tv Adapters are enabled, Networks, Muxes are good. and services are listed.

also, not sure if this is somthign wiht Kodi 15.2 but the liveTV option under services has is now listed as TV rather than LIVETV
(2015-11-29, 17:57)ylafont Wrote: also, not sure if this is somthign wiht Kodi 15.2 but the liveTV option under services has is now listed as TV rather than LIVETV

Yes, that's normal.
(2015-11-29, 11:16)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @knives - not with that limited information, I'm afraid. If you're on Windows, the addons are installed automatically (unless you deselect them when installing); on Android (and, I believe, iOS), they're there whether you want them or not; on Debian-based systems (Debian, 'buntu, Mint), they're separate packages; other systems may vary.

So, find what system you're using, then you should be able to work out where your addons would come from... a bit simplistic, I know, but that's where to start. And I assume you actually have a NextPVR back end, of course...

i'm using isengard openelec stable version. here is the thing, i was on jarvis before and rolled back to isengard. i think i may have disabled all the pvr add ons in the past, but now there are nowhere to be found to enable. they aren't in the kodi repository. if i just had the zip to install that would work as well. nextpvr is nowhere to be found on my system and any pvr sections that are listed are blank
(2015-11-29, 19:35)knives of ice Wrote: i'm using isengard openelec stable version. here is the thing, i was on jarvis before and rolled back to isengard. i think i may have disabled all the pvr add ons in the past, but now there are nowhere to be found to enable. they aren't in the kodi repository. if i just had the zip to install that would work as well. nextpvr is nowhere to be found on my system and any pvr sections that are listed are blank

I think you can just install one of the packages from here. as long as you intall the repo

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
(2015-11-29, 19:41)ylafont Wrote:
(2015-11-29, 19:35)knives of ice Wrote: i'm using isengard openelec stable version. here is the thing, i was on jarvis before and rolled back to isengard. i think i may have disabled all the pvr add ons in the past, but now there are nowhere to be found to enable. they aren't in the kodi repository. if i just had the zip to install that would work as well. nextpvr is nowhere to be found on my system and any pvr sections that are listed are blank

I think you can just install one of the packages from here. as long as you intall the repo

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

that is another battle then. i have no idea how to use those commands. i don't use linux at all, just have openElec installed on a chromebox. is there no way to just install the zip file like in the past? thanks
I think they're bundled into OpenELEC, though - there's no repository capability as it's a really low-fat Linux core. So no RPM, no apt-get, not even Snappy.

Seems harsh, perhaps, but if things are genuinely missing then I'd re-install the system through the normal update process if it will let you. Your settings should survive intact, but that's the only foolproof way I know of to get all things OE-shaped back onto the box... zip files do exist with some searching, but it's more luck than judgement.
Decided to re-install again in case i did something wrong.

Steps followed.:

Install kodi from USB
Install update
sudo apt-get install update
sudo apt-get upgrade

reboot
checked updates
sudo apt- get install update
sudo apt-get install upgrade

The following packages have been kept back:
kodi kodi-bin rtmpdump

sudo apt-get update kodi kodi-bin rtmpdump

reboot

updates are up to date.

As far as i can tell, there are no PVR or Live Tv Options on a clean install.

Edited sources list
deb https://dl.bintray.com/tvheadend/ubuntu stable main

Inserted key
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 379CE192D401AB61
sudo apt-get update
The following packages have been kept back:
Tvheadend

sudo apt-get install TvHeadend

Restart (Just wanted to see if I was getting out of the ordinary)

Configured TvHeadend
Networks tab
Enable adapter (tv adapter tab)
Configured Muxes (Muxes tab)
Performed a scan on Muxes
Map all channels (Services Tab)

Reboot – channels were not listed in the Live TV Player- reboot was needed.

View channels TvHeadend web interface.
Electronic Program Guide - WatchTV

Tried to install the OpenElec Repo yielded no results, was able to add version 4.0 however no add-on listed and it could not be update. After a few hours i ended up issuing the command below, suggested by Porf Yaffle (Thank You)

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts

(2015-11-30, 01:26)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @ylafont - apt-cache policy kodi-pvr*

That will list all the PVR addons available - they're separate packages. Select the one you want and install it with e.g. sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts.

configured the add-on and then actived Kodi LiveTV. Success!
(2015-11-29, 20:45)Prof Yaffle Wrote: I think they're bundled into OpenELEC, though - there's no repository capability as it's a really low-fat Linux core. So no RPM, no apt-get, not even Snappy.

Seems harsh, perhaps, but if things are genuinely missing then I'd re-install the system through the normal update process if it will let you. Your settings should survive intact, but that's the only foolproof way I know of to get all things OE-shaped back onto the box... zip files do exist with some searching, but it's more luck than judgement.
They are in the openelec repo, not the kodi repo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-29, 21:09)nickr Wrote: They are in the openelec repo, not the kodi repo.

Meaning that they appear in the Kodi "add addon" menus, yes, versus being installed by default? I can't imagine that they can be anywhere else... and if they're not there, something's seriously borked.
@ylafont - apt-cache policy kodi-pvr*

That will list all the PVR addons available - they're separate packages. Select the one you want and install it with e.g. sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts.
(2015-11-30, 01:23)Prof Yaffle Wrote:
(2015-11-29, 21:09)nickr Wrote: They are in the openelec repo, not the kodi repo.

Meaning that they appear in the Kodi "add addon" menus, yes, versus being installed by default? I can't imagine that they can be anywhere else... and if they're not there, something's seriously borked.
Yes but you need to go to the openelec repo not the kodi repo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@ ylafont >

Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall kodi-pvr-hts

@ knives of ice >

OpenELEC > Settings > System > Add-Ons > Install from Repository > OpenELEC Media Centre OS Addons > PVR Clients

(2015-11-29, 21:09)nickr Wrote:
(2015-11-29, 20:45)Prof Yaffle Wrote: I think they're bundled into OpenELEC, though - there's no repository capability as it's a really low-fat Linux core. So no RPM, no apt-get, not even Snappy.

They are in the openelec repo, not the kodi repo.

I think the procedure above cover the "The Normal Update Process", I would say confusing, these items were installed in previous versions, not sure why the removal
(2015-11-30, 01:23)Prof Yaffle Wrote:

Not there, the Only Repo installed b default is the Kodi Repo. Will have to manually add the Openlec Repo
Didn't read everything, but for OpenELEC TVHeadend is in unofficial repo:

http://openelec.tv/forum/unofficial-openelec-addons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install - No Live TV option0