OSD issues on windows 10
We have two windows 10 machines that are both having random OSD problems.

OSD might stay on screen, or even just the little one on the top right. Sometimes when this happens you have no remote input working.

There are many issues with overlays not disappearing.
It seems absolutely impossible to me that nobody else has seen this problem.

This is a nightmare and destroys the viewing experience completely.

Both my machines are running nvidia video cards, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

On one machine I am using Titan skin and the other is regular confluence.

Both machine experience the same problem. Most times if you ff or rw the osd will stay up and absolutely all keyboard or remote input is ignored.

Is there nobody with any suggestions?
I have but cant post a log so if you could thats the way forward.
There's been a few other posts with similar problems. It's not dependent on Windows 10. It seems to be a general, but not too common, problem. The solution that has worked for most people is to go the the System settings and turn off V-Sync. Or turn it on. It's just the auto-switching mode that seems to wreak havoc with the OSD being responsive. I would suggest turning it off first. If you end up experiencing any screen tearing, check if your video card settings have an option for v-sync there. If there isn't one (mine didn't) then switch on v-sync mode in Kodi.
(2015-12-13, 06:27)wheemer Wrote: Both machine experience the same problem. Most times if you ff or rw the osd will stay up and absolutely all keyboard or remote input is ignored.

That seems to be the issue. The OSD problems are likely to just be a symptom of an input issue. The debug log (wiki) will tell us what input device is misbehaving.
(2015-12-13, 21:05)NeoCortex Wrote: There's been a few other posts with similar problems. It's not dependent on Windows 10. It seems to be a general, but not too common, problem. The solution that has worked for most people is to go the the System settings and turn off V-Sync. Or turn it on. It's just the auto-switching mode that seems to wreak havoc with the OSD being responsive. I would suggest turning it off first. If you end up experiencing any screen tearing, check if your video card settings have an option for v-sync there. If there isn't one (mine didn't) then switch on v-sync mode in Kodi.

This seems to have completely fixed the issue so far.

I will post again if I see the issue but I've been testing since yesturday aqnd it's working awesome again.

Seems to be a bug within Kodi's sync playback to screen and v-sync.

I got tears bad when I disabled it in Kodi, but then I assigned the 3d setting in Nvidia control panel for kodi.exe and turn on v-sync there.

Excellent!!! This has been bothering us for months.

Thanks!!
Nice one so thats switching v-sync on in nvidia ctrl pnl?
Yeah and off in kodi... Video playback seems a little worse, but at least the osd disappears
It sure would be nice if Kodi fixed it's implementation of vsync. Since it seems it did a better job of handling it, aside from the menu bugs it creates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSD issues on windows 100