Acer Revo Build
Ordered the new Acer Revo Build the other day and it showed up today. Picked it up at Amazon for $130. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0169MEX1E/ref=cm_sw_su_dp#Ask

The box it came packaged in had been opened and the tape that says "Check contents if seal is broken" was cut as well. The unit had the usual clear plastic over the start button and a couple other places that make it look like it was new. No scratches or other issues were found. Wether or not it was an open box or return is uncertain at this point. I might raise hell with Amazon and see what they will do.

Hooked it up this afternoon. At first i couldnt get a display on the TV. I had to reboot both the Revo and TV before i was able to get a display. After another couple reboots all seems well. Installed Kodi and tested with a 1080P mkv file and it had no issues playing it over the wireless network from my NAS and that was with my N router. I dont have a 4K TV yet, so no 4K videos to test.

The system as a whole seems pretty responsive although there is a slight lag in opening menus and programs. The delay isnt bad and is probably normal for a system like this with 2GB of memory and a celeron processor.

There is a user replaceable single memory slot and i may upgrade to a 4GB module at some point. In a couple of youtube vids that i saw, they showed the orange top of the unit removed and a sata connection cable underneath. The top isnt easily removed and im hesitant on forcing it until i have used this for a while longer and decide to keep it. Ill post some pics when i have more time. Right now it seems like a decent enough system for using with Kodi and Netflix.

It did come bundled with some Acer crapware and ill be doing a little housecleaning when time allows. If anyone has any specific questions, just let me know.
Hi LOTL

Could you please give an update on your Revo M1-601.

Did you ever upgrade the memory?

Have you encountered any problems? Would you recommend this unit?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo Build0