Menu icons and library updates
Hi Gade - still loving Rapier and spending hours playing around with the many settings. A couple of issues I've noticed. You previously helped me with some custom menu texts and I'm pleased to say they all work well - thank you. However, when I started setting up the custom menus in the skin I added icons to the display just above the menu text, similar to the standard icons in your set menu items. I then discovered that I could customise the background image of each item and went on to do that. However, the icon is now on top of the background image and looks really messy on some menus but when I tried to remove the icons I couldn't find a way to do it - you only seem to allow a change of icon and not "no icon". The menu looks much better with either an icon or a background image, but both don't look very good at all.Is there a way to remove the icon in the menu settings. I did do it for one of the menus but found the only way I could do that was to start from scratch with a new custom window and uncheck the original one.

Secondly, the library updates, which are set to automatically download on start, up work fine, apart from music videos and some of the music files. I get "unable to connect to server" for these. I think I must have the wrong settings in the file type menu (movies, tv, music etc) but can't think what other category I should use for these items. I wondered whether there an alternative scraper that works better than the default ones?

alad
(2015-11-28, 02:25)alad26 Wrote: Hi Gade - still loving Rapier and spending hours playing around with the many settings. A couple of issues I've noticed. You previously helped me with some custom menu texts and I'm pleased to say they all work well - thank you. However, when I started setting up the custom menus in the skin I added icons to the display just above the menu text, similar to the standard icons in your set menu items. I then discovered that I could customise the background image of each item and went on to do that. However, the icon is now on top of the background image and looks really messy on some menus but when I tried to remove the icons I couldn't find a way to do it - you only seem to allow a change of icon and not "no icon". The menu looks much better with either an icon or a background image, but both don't look very good at all.Is there a way to remove the icon in the menu settings. I did do it for one of the menus but found the only way I could do that was to start from scratch with a new custom window and uncheck the original one.

Hi alad.

Great catch.

You're right that the current solution will be to create another custom category without the custom icon.

My solution would be that clicking the button for setting the custom icon will clear the property. So if you click the button it clears the property and you can set it using the dialog. Closing the dialog will leave the property empty.

What do you think?

(2015-11-28, 02:25)alad26 Wrote: Secondly, the library updates, which are set to automatically download on start, up work fine, apart from music videos and some of the music files. I get "unable to connect to server" for these. I think I must have the wrong settings in the file type menu (movies, tv, music etc) but can't think what other category I should use for these items. I wondered whether there an alternative scraper that works better than the default ones?

Maybe some of your network drives are unavailable?

For movies I use Universal Movie Scraper, for tv shows I use The TvDB scraper and for music albums / artists I use Universal Album / Artist scraper.
Smile 
Thanks for the reply.

"My solution would be that clicking the button for setting the custom icon will clear the property. So if you click the button it clears the property and you can set it using the dialog. Closing the dialog will leave the property empty.

What do you think?"

Yes, that sounds good Smile

"Maybe some of your network drives are unavailable?
For movies I use Universal Movie Scraper, for tv shows I use The TvDB scraper and for music albums / artists I use Universal Album / Artist scraper."

The genre I'm having trouble with is Music Videos, mostly singles I've downloaded from you tube or newsgroups in the past. I'm using "Audio DB for Music Videos" as the scraper. It is actually working, as about 60% of the videos have icons and ratings, but when the library update finds videos it can't find (presumably not in its data base) it throws up "Unable to Connect" - if I hit Keep Scanning then it just moves onto the next unfound video and comes back with the same error, but it skips all the ones already found that are in the library. I've unchecked all the boxes underneath the scraper dialogue (use folder names, scan recursively etc) but doesn't seem to make any difference, so I assume it is just because the titles aren't in its data base. Only option I can see is to disable the updates on this category. I'm not sure whether this is something you can sort in the skin or whether it is just down to the way the scraper works.
Cool, I already made that change, and it will be available in the next update. Smile

As to your other question, I don't really use music videos and since it's not at all skin related, there's not much I can do to help. Remember to name the files correctly. And try to look in the log file for info on what happens when you get the "Unable to Connect" error.

My suggestion is to try someplace else in these forums. Maybe find the scraper threads.

Cheers
Gade
Thanks Gade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Menu icons and library updates0