Get the old Datelabel Back but How?
I would Like to get the old Datelabel with short day, short month back, but how?

off course i can use "$INFO[System.Date(blablub)], $INFO[System.Date(blablub)], $INFO[System.Date(blablub)]$INFO[System.Date(blablub)]" to display it the old way, but this causes some problems while switching to other languages / regions as some show the day bevor the month and vise versa. + short or long date format chanches didnt have any effect on a such "designet" label in the Skin.

There seems no Infolabel for short or long date.

according to the wiki there is only "System.Date"

also there is no Setting in XBMC, am sry. Kodi, which alows me to get the old look back! (i.e long date format .)

--

Ask myself what the Intention was on this, is therre any benefit which i miss?

Will threre be additional Settings in Kodi in the Future which allows the User to select "short day" "short month" in the Long day format?

Will there be more Infolabel e.x. "System.DateShort" / "System.DateLong" in the Future?

--

reason for the change can be found on the PR and trac ticket:
7522 (PR)

long story short, date formats are defined for each language in their langinfo.xml file
for instance, see: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...fo.xml#L52

kodi did not honour what was defined there and instead used abbreviated day and month names.
we felt that didn't make sense.

adding a System.DateShort infolabel would be possible, but that will return the date in a '28/11/2015' format.
afaik it's not possible to bring the old way back as it's been removed completely.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get the old Datelabel Back but How?0