new guy help
Hey guys Im Pat, I'm about fed up with Kodi and need some direction. I bought the matricom box and that worked for a while then i upgraded to there newer one which was good till it crashed on me, brought it to work where a friend was going to fix it for me, still haven't gotten it back been at least 4 months now, he fixed one it still doesn't work. so then Im running a amazon fire tv stick took some help to side load it but got it working, now its out of date can't get it to update nothing plays or loads so I've been using lodi on my laptop (mac) and its still horribly slow it took me almost 2 hours to watch a 45 min show, and its plugged into the modem, what do i do here? i hate the idea of going back to cable but this isn't working what should me next step be?

Thanks Pat
HuhHuhHuh
Not really sure what you're doing that makes it take 2 hours to watch a 45 minute show. My guess is that you're trying to watch piracy addons, which we don't provide support for here. If so, possibly look for the addon author and ask them? We also don't help you find the piracy addon author, just FYI, and if you mention the name of the addon, your post will be trashed.

Just out of curiosity, how did you hear about Matricom? They don't support Kodi development in any way and provide insanely buggy boxes compared to all kinds of other groups, yet they have this amazing marketing scheme that I'm trying to understand.
I don't think they are piracy add on but I could be wrong, since I can't menton the add on how do I find out and which ones should I use.

Also just got a Samsung smart tv anyway to install kodi directly on that?
Look at the Banned_Add-ons (wiki) list and see if you find your problem ones there.

But basically if the add-ons provide access to TV services or movies that you'd normally have to pay for (by subscription or some other means) then you've probably got a dodgy piracy one.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
oh wow looks like everything I'm using is banned ok well that answers that

so what are good sources to use then
Here we generally recommend using either local content or addons that come from the Kodi repo. You can also browse the video addon sub forum to see what's popular.
cool thank you guys I'm going to look into it
(2015-11-29, 09:52)stpatty77 Wrote: cool thank you guys I'm going to look into it

If you're based in the US look for an addon called USTV VOD. It collects a lot of the US Networks like ABC, CBS, etc and gives you access to their video on demand sections of their websites inside Kodi. You can also use it outside of the US with a proxy or VPN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new guy help0