Unable to to get rid of GUI progress control
My apologies if it is the wrong area of the forum. Please kindly move it to the right area if needed.

Recently upgraded to 16.b3 (using default skin) from 14.2
Win7 64-bit/sp1 on Vaio laptop using Dx 11.
6 GB RAM-Intel P8700@ 2.53GHz
Nvidia 9600M GT
Wired 100 Mbps

I am aware that I am using a Beta but I have noticed a random problem that never happened with versions 14.x.
If I launch a stream thru the PVR or directly thru an Add-on or a stream ,the GUI control remain on the screen and never goes away.

(screenshot iPlayer BBC1)

The rotating 'swirl' is immobile and nothing allows me to gain control back. The stream plays fine however.
In order to stop stream or use anything in Kodi ,I must get out of Kodi and then kill the application with TaskManager.
The only control I seem to still have is '\' and I was able to take a screenshot.
I have experienced this issue at least 5 times at random, sometimes, only the non-rotating swirl is present.

Thanks
I and some others have this too. This behaviour seems to start with kodi 15.x. It seems it does not depend on OS or hardware. Maybe you have a look at this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228594&page=6

I am using windows 10, 1511 now and possibly I got rid of the problem with following settings:
In kodi I've enabled vsync allways on and I am using this advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <nofliptimeout>-1</nofliptimeout>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

My system is now up since 3 or 4 days without showing this error.

Perhaps this can help you too..

johoe
I will give it a try.Johoe.
Thanks
I'll try this solution as well. I've had an identical problem since the Isengard beta and I've pretty much just sucked it up and restarted Kodi regularly to deal with it since then.
Sadly, the proposed addition to advancedsettings file did not help or improve anything as on my second try using NBC live Extra addon I could not get rid of the 'Working' swirl...
Thank God the stream died after 2 minutes and I did not have to use task manager to kill Kodi again.
Back to the drawing board and open to suggestions.

I think this thread should be merged to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228594
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to to get rid of GUI progress control0