Screen stuttering after pause movie
Hi, i have the problem that every time i pause a movie the screen stutters all the time after i press play again.
I also sometimes have a buffer problem... my network connection is excellent, that's not the problem.
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with Kodi 14.2

Can anyone help me?
Kodi 14 is no longer supported. Does the problem occur with kodi 15?

Saying what distribution you are using and posting a debug log (wiki) may also help.
(2015-11-28, 20:30)Rossken Wrote: Hi, i have the problem that every time i pause a movie the screen stutters all the time after i press play again.
I also sometimes have a buffer problem... my network connection is excellent, that's not the problem.
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with Kodi 14.2

Can anyone help me?

Ok, I don't know how fast your connection is- but I'll try and help. Smile

Are you streaming movies using one of the addons like SnagFilms, Popcornflix, TCM, etc?

Remember, only *legal* addons are discussed here in the forums...

I am using a Pi 2 with Kodi 15, upgraded from Kodi 14.2, and I have the exact same problem.

I find if I stream from the above mentioned addons pressing pause causes the symptoms you're describing when the play button is pressed again.

I can watch YouTube, pause it all I like, and not have this problem. It's only the movie addons that have this issue in my experience.

What I do is use "stop" instead of pause. When you want to play the movie again Kodi will always ask if you want to resume where you left off. Just click ok and the movie will pick up where it left off, no stuttering.

I haven't had any issues since I started doing it this way.

Also- with some of the movie addons- I notice that they default to an insanely high bit rate. I couldn't use SnagFilms until I figured this out. It would stutter like crazy, it was unwatchable.

I solved this by going into System/Settings/Add-ons/Installed add-ons/Video add-ons.

Find the addon you are having an issue with. Highlight it and press ok or enter. You'll get a menu there that has "configure". This is where the addon settings are, and you can adjust the bitrate down. I have SnagFilms set to maximum 1500 and I've had no trouble since then.

Almost all of the video addons have a "configure" menu, and there is a ton of settings you can adjust for each one.

Hope this helps.
Hi, thanks for the help.
I can't upgrade to Kodi 15 or 16 because i have a hiffyberry board installed and there is not a correct working version of it available yet.
It all worked percfectly but since a few weeks i have these problems...

I also used the stop button instead of the pause and sometimes it helps but not always.
(2015-11-29, 12:46)Rossken Wrote: Hi, thanks for the help.
I can't upgrade to Kodi 15 or 16 because i have a hiffyberry board installed and there is not a correct working version of it available yet.
It all worked percfectly but since a few weeks i have these problems...

The Hifiberry is supported by recent versions of most distributions. Can't say if it's supported by the distribution you are using as you seem intent on keeping that tidbit secret.

Post a debug log (wiki) if you want help.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I was going to post something similar.. I had no problems at all until I upgraded to OpenElec 6.0.0 (Kodi 15.2).. And now after pausing or skipping fwd/back. the video often stutters.

To fix it, I just press Pause and then resume and its fine again, but its annoying me.. Is this the same issue as you?

Jon
Do you have "sync playback to display" enabled. That would be recommended.
(2015-12-02, 13:48)popcornmix Wrote: Do you have "sync playback to display" enabled. That would be recommended.

I didn't.. But i do now.. I will monitor this and see if this helps

Jon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen stuttering after pause movie0