Webdav: File Size of uploaded files to owncloud server always 0 bytes
Hello,

I have to report a strange behavior when using file manager and OwnCloud.

I would like to upload reordered files to my ownCloud server. I have set up a new source "Webdav" in file manager. The connection from file managet to ownCloud server seems to be ok, because by using file manager:
- I can see the existing files on my ownCloud server
- I can MAKE NEW FOLDER on my ownCloud server by using filemanager
- I can DELETE files on my ownCloud server by using filemanager
- I can RENAME files on my ownCloud server by using filemanager
- I can download files from my ownCloud server to my Raspi 2 server

But when uploading files (COPY and MOVE) from Raspi 2 server (left) to ownCloud server (right) then:
- Uploading starts ==> ok
- Progress bar starts and runs correctly ==> ok, shown values for upload speed seems to be the right one
- During upload process files size is always 0 byte ==> ?
- Uploading ends correctly and the file exists on my ownCloud server but file size is always 0 byte!

I tested it with:
- Raspi 2 OpenElec 6.0 and Kodi 5.2
- Ubuntu 14.04 Gnome and Kodi 5.2
- Windows 7 and Kodi 5.2
- ownCloud 7.0.2 (stable) - hosted by OwnCube
- Webdavs and Webdav

Always 0 bytes for uploaded files.

Ist this a bug?

Any help would be appreciated - Many thanks.

kkarsten62
debug log (wiki)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello Milhouse,

Debug log is on http://xbmclogs.com/pz9vdsfgb

I tried to copy "fire-ballon-icon.png" via Webdav to ownCloud server. File exists with 0 byte.

BTW: Uploading via webdav via Ubuntu Nautilus file manager works without errors.

kkarsten62
Moving to OS Independent - you're using Ubuntu so no idea why you posted in the Raspberry Pi forum.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
There's not really enough detail in the debug log, can you try again with curl component logging enabled?

Edit: double check the log before uploading it to make sure it doesn't include your username or password!
Same behavior on Raspi 2, Ubuntu and Windows 7. But was detected and reported first on Raspi.
debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/phzp2ibu5

If helpful I can provide you an test user account on my ownCloud server to reproduce it ...

kkarsten62
I'm not able to tell you what is wrong as I don't know anything about WebDav but you've provided the kind of information that should help a WebDav expert diagnose the problem, if one drops by.

If you don't get any bites in the next few days then you might want to open a ticket on trac.kodi.tv, attaching the most recent log.
I checked the owncloud.log file and I see that following message will be added right after the copy by Kodi:

{"app":"PHP","message":"Undefined index: CONTENT_LENGTH at \/home\/xxxxxxxx\/public_html\/lib\/private\/connector\/sabre\/file.php#107","level":3,"time":"2015-11-29T15:44:42+00:00"}

kkarsten62

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webdav: File Size of uploaded files to owncloud server always 0 bytes0